Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 03:13PM

The church’s temple building madness is already starting to hit diminishing returns. Temples are becoming nothing special to the church members. I recently heard a stake president’s wife complain she’s tired of doing endowments. Non member friends of mine who don’t know I’ve left the church have said how many is enough? One was driving to his home town of Pocatello to visit relatives and said he could see the temple from 20 miles away because it was lit up so bright. He said it was rediculous. People don’t want these bright lighted strange buildings in their neighborhood; especially in nice rural areas like Heber and Cody.

How would the Mormons feel if the Muslims or Krishna’s built temples and mosques in their neighborhoods and lit them up? They would hate it. It’s a two way street. If you can do it so can someone else.

Anyways the whole thing is stupid. The church will only gain enemies doing this and continue to lose members due to the assembly line dullness and mechanical nature of temples. If you are going to get fucked stir things up. Have some variety. You get fucked with the same stroke in the temple.

That’s how it goes in the house of boring from the we can afford better lawyers church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2024 04:01PM by Maude.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 03:24PM

MoMism is a ONE-WAY STREET!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 03:29PM

They think it is but the Muslims have deep pockets too. If the Mormons can build temples all over the place so can the Muslims build temples all over the place. Homeowners and neighborhoods be damned. I will laugh when the first mosque goes up right next to a LDS temple and you can hear the call to prayer through the windows in the celestial room.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 03:33PM

I'll meet U there with a digital sound & visual recorder!!

Film at 11!

Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: April 01, 2024 11:15AM

Ditto this comment.

The members say it's perfectly fine to send out missionaries all over the world to share the BofM etc...

However, do not trip any real non-faith promoting facts of church doctrine and history. You will get excommunicated.

Hypocrites!!! It's all One-Way the gas lighters.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 04:00PM

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 27, 2024 11:14PM

When Jesus returns and rules the Earth, he can seize them all under eminent domain.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: March 28, 2024 09:36AM

Why not get together and present an application for a Grand Mosque near the Temple location in Heber City & Cody? Make sure it has greater height and light/searchlights as part of the deal.

Send information to the newspapers - get tongues wagging and watch the craziness.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 28, 2024 09:52AM

There is a rather large Hindu temple in Spanish Fork, UT, of all places. It is something of a tourist attraction, and some of the Hindu festivals are pretty colorful.

One temple in the western US is one thing. Two in a single town is another, Provo has 2. St George has 2. SL Valley will have 5 shortly, and I expect one in Lehi, just outside the valley, sooner rather than later.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 29, 2024 03:52PM

The Hindu folks made sure to comply with all appropriate codes and covenants plus local sentiment. The Mormons just bulldoze their way in.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: March 29, 2024 03:16PM

solved the mystery of why they are removing the Angel Moroni from the temples. It makes the ass-shoving go more smoothly.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 05:14PM

If they build one on the South end of the valley, they'll aim for Wellsville and Mendon, etc., Young Ward, definitely not Hyrum. Now that I said that . . .

It looks like Smith is getting a HUGE temple.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.