Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Texian ( )
Date: April 09, 2024 10:43AM

Another site had a discussion about Dusty in a wheelchair and that the red chair he was sitting in and the background was made up. I went back and studied the video myself. Yes he is sitting in a wheelchair.

I do not have a problem if he is shown sitting in a wheelchair. I have a problem that are creating a setting that is not matching his life style. That to me is deceptive. Having him sit in his home in a wheelchair should not be a problem. But here we have the "prophet of God" in a fake setting. Why?

The site was also pointed out he may have had botox and fillers in his face. As I watched him Sunday his facial movements seemed off to me. Not natural movements. So maybe that is the case too. I find if difficult to take this guy for real and what he says for real based on what I see. Do you think Wendy is in on this too.

As for a temple in south Houston, wow. How exciting. Not. I dread that until it is built all we will hear at church is temple, temple, temple. The soul has left the wards here in Texas. Its an empty shell except for member who have been active for years and they just associate with their Church friends and not the new comers like me. Our meeting house if falling apart and is moldy. It seems musty but yet they are going to spend money on a temple but not the older buildings. The bathroom stink and that is after cleaning them on Saturday!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 09, 2024 11:03AM

I can't tell if the picture was edited for sure. It sure looks like it could be a corner of the wheelchair behind his arm, but maybe not.

I wish there were some professionals who could prove it either way with evidence where the image was altered. (I wish all images would carry a history attachment that could not be deleted, but that's my fantasy world.)

You'd think the church would have realized the brouhaha from Princess Kate's recent editing of a picture applies to them too.
Maybe they think presenting him at conference is no different than a cute Zoom meeting with a fake background.

If he was in a wheelchair, that would be unforgivably dishonest and deceptive. Lots of people are in wheel chairs. I hope we get to the truth about this, but I suspect the church would bury any official reporting with $.

Oh, and congratulations on scoring another temple! LOL.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 09, 2024 11:31AM

I don’t see the problem, though I’m not sure why they would green screen in the chair. People in wheelchairs can sit in regular chairs, they just may need help to transfer. People on the news or in zoom meetings routinely insert fake backgrounds. Reporters have been known to wear a jacket and tie/blouse and jeans. FDR managed to hide the fact that he was paralyzed from the waist down after polio, and could only stand with steel leg braces, and even then, only with great difficulty.

As for Botox, how would you know? He’s 99. Nothing works the way it used to at that age.

As for the local ward being lifeless, now that’s a real problem. If people do not want to be there, they will eventually leave, no matter the social pressure.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 16, 2024 02:54AM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reporters have been known to wear a
> jacket and tie/blouse and jeans.

"That's nothing! The stories I could tell. . ."

--Jeffrey Toobin

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 09, 2024 11:56AM

A METAPHOR for present ChurchCo, right?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 09, 2024 12:00PM

My mother-in-law uses a wheelchair and my late wife had one too. I immediately noticed the backing of a chair in the video and the haziness around the back. It doesn't look to be natural shadows, there's a fuzzy tint that professional grade 4K cameras don't pick up.

I didn't notice his lips, but here's a thought. Maybe he is ill enough to require an oxygen line to assist his breathing. And perhaps that's why his lips appear to be altered. I can't imagine him doing botox at 99, but what do I know. I think Nelson is more vain than we realize. I could see video editors hiding an oxygen line going to his nose.

And an ailing prophet shouldn't matter to us or members, but this church is 100% image. They have been hiding the true status of the church president's health for decades, all the way back to Benson. The church leaders are sensitive to criticism of their age and health.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 09, 2024 12:31PM

"I think Nelson is more vain than we realize"

"Nip Tuck" in real life.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: April 09, 2024 02:31PM

of a story Steve Benson told of a family photo where his dad positioned a near the end Ezra in a way that people couldn't see his medical apparatus. I would not be surprised if they photo shopped Dusty with the new and wonderful technology.

Posted by: Robert Sole ( )
Date: April 16, 2024 02:47AM

Can we have a link please? I've been trying to find the relevant pictures. Expect more fakery as AI improves.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 16, 2024 05:39AM

Rusty has created an AI version of himself so he can be prophet forever.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 16, 2024 05:41AM

If you think about it. Everything the church is based on is fake.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.