Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 02:00AM

much less that it was approved and sent through. This is a good pre-Halloween post - thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: prayershilton ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 02:18AM

This makes me sick. So. Now Hitler is going to be in the highest level of the celestial kingdom???
This needs to be exposed to the world.
How can we get the word out?

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 05:34AM

One of those items says where the ordinances were performed. London? After all the suffering he caused there? Why not Poland, France or Russia?

Posted by: Symboline ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 05:46AM

It dowsn't surprise me. Apparently the church was a big supporter of Hitler during the 1930s. Swatikas hanging in chapels all over Germany, praising him for asking the all-important "Race Question." It doesn't surprise me, but it does bring chills down my spine.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 12:39PM

Is there documentation that Mormons supported the Nazis in the 30s?

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 10:00AM

Why does this fact raise such ire? You should be more up in arms about Mother Theresa or Anne Frank.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 10:01AM

Why would mormons want that POS walking around in their heaven?

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 10:53AM

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 11:15AM

WTH would they baptize Jesus??? I've been away from "the light" for more than 20 years now, but in Mormon folklore didn't John the Baptist, come back and dunk ole Joe himself, because they were restoring the church back to when Jesus ran it? And if so, why would Jesus need to be baptized again, into his own church? To wash away his sin? I know nothing makes sense in tscc, but this doesn't even make sense in "mormon logic" (if there is such a thing).

Date: October 20, 2010 10:02AM

The Celestial Kingdom couldn't possibly look any worse after finding out I was to be a broodmare.

Now this.

Even if the "church is twoo" I don't want it to be!

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 10:17AM

Did they also do Stalin's "work?"

Date: October 20, 2010 10:54AM

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 11:26PM

His actual last name was Vissarionovich. He also used Dzugashvili at times. Just like Lenin, not his name either. It was Ulyanov. My spelling may be off so apologies to any purists out there.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 11:46AM

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 12:38PM

Posted by: bookish ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 12:56PM

But I guess whoever told me that didn't know what they were talking about? (You know, beyond believing in the concept of outer darkness.)

Posted by: toppity ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 12:36PM

Posted by: T-Rex ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 12:47PM

I just can't wrap my head around that this could really happen. Seriously, how could the LDS leadership allow this to happen? Isn't there a list of names of people that don't qualify for necro-dunking? Whether common sense or revelation, this seems totally incomprehensible.

Date: March 30, 2011 12:54PM

The temple ordinances for Jesus Christ are real, too.

Mormons worship the Priesthood, and not God.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 12:57PM

Lotsa real icky people there.

I'll go to hell with my mom and fan her with my tail and keep her cool.

Posted by: Topping ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 03:01PM

Date: March 30, 2011 04:29PM

All those years of hysterical PR, "I'm a mormon," etc.

I now get to dance around and sing:

"Hitler is a MOR-MON!
Hitler is a MOR-MON!
Hitler is a MOR-MON!
Hitler is a MOR-MON!
Hitler is a MOR-MON!"

Posted by: doccy ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:19PM

i was in the london temple, working as a cleaner, when the work was done in 1993.
I remember it all very clearly.
I walked into the baptisimal font area to find a group of temple workers standing in silence in the corridor, and another group at the base of the font steps.
I asked what was happening to be told that hitlers work had just been done.
It was quite a surreal moment, much like some of the others there, there was an immediate internal conflict.
How could his work be done ? but the church says its right.

i remember a rather large elderly temple worker stating everyone has the right to be saved.
I have always struggled a little trying to figure out why, but since leaving a almost feel angry about not saying something stronger when i was there but then i was a good morgbot.
The other thing i have always wondered was why and who would want to do the dead dunking work anyway.
Was the name done / put forward for a joke ?
or was the person serious in their conviction than this man should be saved in the name of moRon-ism.

very odd day. i was 20 years old, 18 years on i still feel odd about it even though the whole dead dunking is a load of cobblers. I think it is the principle that bugs me. London temple, hitlers work...Just wrong and verges on sick.

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:34PM

I wonder what went trough the mind of the person who did the proxy for him.

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 05:48PM

WHY was it done? I'm sure any person who decides to dead-dunk infamous people is thinking, "Whoooooooooo, I bet NOBODY ELSE has thought of this one! God is gonna be THRILLED with me for saving such an evil soul! I'm probably gonna get extra credit!"

Every single one of the 10,000 or so idiots who have dead-dunked Hitler, Stalin, Ghengis Khan, Idi Amin, the Pharoah, Herod, Nebuchanezzar, all the rulers of the Ottoman Empire, Darth Vader, The Big Bad Wolf, The Wicked Witch of the West, etc etc etc, has figured he or she was doing God's work to purge sin and clean up the human race, and allow all the bad guys a chance at Celestial Glory.

Bleah. More ego strokes.

~VOW

Posted by: Guy Noir, Private Eye ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 07:20PM

dr5:

on thee internetweb (wiki?) used to be a story abt a german guy named Helmut that was ex'd for being anti-nazi. try google: Helmut mormon LDS excommunicated nazi anti... (or Something like that, haha)

Then (of course) AFTER the war was over, the (posthumusly?) reinstated him.

Yes, the morg's actions are a Powerful Lesson in good/bad, Right-Wrong.

Posted by: Guy Noir, Private Eye ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 07:23PM

Guy Noir, Private Eye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dr5:
>
> on thee internetweb (wiki?) used to be a story
> abt a german guy named Helmuth Hubener that was ex'd for
> being anti-nazi. try google: Helmut mormon LDS
> excommunicated nazi anti... (or Something like
> that, haha)

http://www.mormonwiki.com/Helmuth_Hubener
>
> Then (of course) AFTER the war was over, the
> (posthumusly?) reinstated him.
>
> Yes, the morg's actions are a Powerful Lesson in
> good/bad, Right-Wrong.

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 09:14PM

So in the Celestial Kingdom, Hitler will devote some planets to eternal concentration camps?

http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/ldsagree.html

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 09:43PM

I am so relieved to know my children have a chance of spending eternity with Hitler as their father!!!! Glory! Glory! HELLauya!!

The funny f-kers think of everything. And to think, if they hadn't saved Jesus, he couldn't have saved us... or something like that...

I'm confused now....

What came first?

Jesus or Baptisms for the Dead and Secret Handshakes?

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 11:24PM

How would you like to be the lucky person who is the proxy standing in for Hitler & his wife?

Wow, that's gotta be a spiritual experience right?

I felt his spirit? Yuck!

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 11:28PM

But WHY would the LDS leadership want to claim Hitler as part of their church, even posthumously? How could that possibly be good for PR?

Posted by: brokenwings ( )
Date: March 30, 2011 11:58PM

in looking at some of these sites it brings a question to mind... does the tssc...in giving total membership count include those that the work is done for after death?

Posted by: Sethro ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 12:26AM

Hi brokenwings,

It's unlikely that the #'s TSSC claim for membership include all whose work was done after death. There is probably a separate number of baptisms, sealings, etc. that have been performed by TSSC for the dead.

Then again, with just a few thousand extracted names recycled and re-used from temple to temple they might just be included.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 04:08AM

I think the "could be-s" include those who are up to 110 years old.

The dead dunked mormon spirits have a different ledger since mormons cannot be sure with spirits accepted or rejected the gospel and which others were deemed purified and brainwashed enough to fit in to the CK.

So dead guy souls must go through the morg mishie discussions, give up their evil worldly ways, accept the morg gospel, appreciate that morgbots did them a favor by dunking them. And the dead priesthood leadership have to accept them as reworked newbie spirt converts. It's like the bishop/SP passing on who is baptized in a present day live ward.

I'm not kidding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2011 05:14AM by Cheryl.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 01:20AM

Adolf was baptized a Catholic, so which has priority, the Catholic baptism or the post death ordinances?

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/born.htm

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: March 31, 2011 02:44AM

Usually, it's "follow the money" and you'll find answers. In this case it's about "follow the numbers.." It's about names, real people who existed and can be baptized. The Morg advertises being the fastest growing religion and ridiculous numbers of members -12 to 15 million which is not even rational. A name, any name, we'll dunk it and add it.

Required geneology? Did you know that it is illegal to ask a german child to reveal any family history in school? Why. Why would they make it illegal for Germans to reveal any geneology? Because they learned from that mistake.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.