Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 01:33AM

http://www2.ldsfreedom.org/sites/default/files/delbert_stapley.pdf

Letter from a lds apostle...

Pardon me while I vomit...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 07:18AM

The fact that he wrote it on Church letterhead belies that statement that he was writing it as a friend rather than on behalf of the Church...

The Church is still racist...
“We recommend that people marry those who are of the same racial background generally...''

Taken from lesson 31 Choosing an Eternal Companion
Aaronic Youth Teaching Manual (12 - 17 year old boys)

Leopard, spots...

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 09:22AM

I'm about to barf.

Dang. Mom's good rug again!

Posted by: Yuko ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 11:01AM

Our second son(half Japanese & half white) attended many Stake Youth Dance. Most all of the girls there were white girls. Nobody wanted to dance with him once he told them that he was a half Japanese. A total rejection. So he danced with non-member who were brought by those member girls as a missionary effort.

There was a half black boy in our ward. Whenever he went to the Stake Youth Dance, he attracted so many girls, because of his charming personality and outlooks. The girls left phone numbers, so he called them. Several times, girls answered his calls, but in a middle of the conversations, suddenly the lines were cut.
It happened so many times. I wonder why?

My oldest son, loved and respected by all in our ward(He is so smart!), was interested in a daughter of my visiting teacher. She found it out and was very unhappy about it. She even told me about it! (I just smiled at her.)
Wasn't she my friend?

His half Hispanic friend in his church, received the rudest comment from the mother of the girl who liked him.
"You leave my daughter alone, buster!"
This same lady said nasty comment to the mother of my friend as well.
He quit church and his mother has been inactive.

It is still taught as a principle. The members do not say inside the church building, but they are talking about it at home.
It is the Mormon doctrine. My sons said that they won't marry Mormon girls.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 11:28AM

So, anyone who goes against Joe Smith will meet a tragic end? That's what he is implying. How about SWK who finally changed this? How about Hugh B Brown who pushed for a change?

How about Harold B Lee who pushed against civil rights and killed Brown's efforts to change church policy? Lee died very soon after becoming church prez.

What a crock of crap.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 11:32AM

I saw that too...

But what's really funny is that Joseph Smith didn't really die in a pleasant way either. So what does that mean to this apostle?

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 11:58AM

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 11:53AM

If Romney the First was willing to go against church council in his policies, perhaps when mitt says he will not be dictated to by the church, we can take it at face value.

I know... a bit of a stretch. LDS version 20.12 is a totally different program than LDS 19.64

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.