Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 09:41AM

The Easter Bunny came to our house and I'll be playing with presents for a bit. Then I'll be doing some writing while MRJ goes to church, and by church, I mean yoga.

I've had time to reflect, and I'm ready to write a story today. It'll come down to either:

1. The first day of being in the mission field.

2. The beginning of my life.

Or

3. The sex scene between god and Mary. (I won't be able to post this one here. That's for damn sure.)

Then, MRJ and I will be making a "traditional" Easter dinner of ham and funeral potatoes.

I wanted to get a live lamb and sacrifice it upon an alter, but Folsom has very specific by-laws.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glad2bout ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 09:47AM

raptorjesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> 3. The sex scene between god and Mary. (I won't be
> able to post this one here. That's for damn
> sure.)
>

The leaders of mormonism have a level of disdain of oral sex, unfortunately. I wonder, though, if the god is into oral. Does it do foreplay well, or is it in a hurry due to all of the other wives needing to be seeded?

Glad2B Out

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 09:50AM

It's seriously pouring rain in the 4 corners. I'm going to make a leg of lamb, (I always laugh and think of My Big Fat Greek Wedding) Greek style, asparagus, carrots with cumin, and lemon potatoes. Also saved a bottle of my favourite sparkling wine for today, Freixnet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2011 09:50AM by itzpapalotl.

Posted by: síóg ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 10:47AM

We cycled into the old centre of the city to go to mass at the ancient Benedictine abbey church. This was not because we're Catholic but because of the music, Mozart's Krönungsmesse performed by soloists, chorus and orchestra from the loft above the elaborate Baroque church, with Handel's Halleluhja chorus at the Allelueja.

Beautiful. This in a church where Mozart once conducted himself, with Constanza singing the solo.

The readings and sermon were all auf Deutsch. I didn't even try to follow, just drank in the music and the elaborate decorations of the church, shafts of sun glinting off gilded statues and casting colour on the walls.

After wheelling around on the bikes listening to the bells colling over the city, and watching the tourists with their cameras and the Salzburgers in their tracht (lederhosen and dirndls and Bavarian jackets) we cycled back for brunch on the balcony with champagne to go with the chocolate. It's going on 5 pm here, now, so soon we'll put the lamb on the barbecue.

It's great to have got through lent, during which time we gave up alcohol. I'm looking forward to wine with dinner, at last.

A nice Easter.

Date: April 24, 2011 12:05PM

ok, totally jealous of you!

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 12:28PM

Please give my regards to himself and take a big Easter hug for yourself from me and mine. Family in Walchsee and Alex have been asking about you and send their regards.

I've been cycling myself - lovely day for it too.

((hugs))

Briggy

Date: April 24, 2011 02:00PM

@itzpapalotl I'm very lucky to have the chance to live here. It's pure luck, undeserved. I don't know whether it's better to keep my mouth shut or to share the experience of being here.

@Briggie: Good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you and the family recently, remembering our lovely afternoon visit last year. I hope you're well. Any chance of you coming this direction any time soon?

Date: April 24, 2011 02:08PM

Well, because I'm nosy, I like to hear about living in Europe!
I'm in love with the idea of exploring the places where great composers, artists, and fools roamed.

Date: April 24, 2011 04:23PM

But I'm with you. It's very beautiful and somehow awe inspiring.

I keep a blog about it, but it's not kosher for me to post a link here. If you're interested, Google Lorraine Seal.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 02:44PM

Date: April 24, 2011 04:26PM

Date: April 24, 2011 10:11AM

And that IS what she said.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 10:05AM

round the Saxon burial mound, back to the old church, through the Willow Park, then along Mill Lane to the public footpath/cycle track, past New Hall Farm, then back through the stile to my home. A lovely day for it and now we're about to eat lunch. My son will be meeting his buddies on the High Street for something cool and refreshing whilst I lounge in the garden with my daughter taking the lovely Spring air. It is about 70 here this afternoon so everything is good.

Happy Easter everyone!

Briggy

Posted by: xtbm ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 10:20AM

Spent the afternoon walking around hardly even remembering that it was Easter Sunday...

Date: April 24, 2011 11:33AM

If only Jesus had loved their country enough to visit them after his super zombification.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 10:22AM

and take pictures of things that float by. Or I might spread out a blanket and take a nap. Or I might take a walk around with no destination in mind. Or I might return some phones calls and catch up with friends. Or I might go see if the observation deck on our roof has been opened and take some pictures of the area. Or I might do all these things in no particular order and squeeze in the most important grown up stuff I don't feel like doing.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:35AM

Just sitting here typing on the computer. That's been it so far. We haven't had Easter dinner in our house for many years. It's just a day. I imagine my sister will have an Easter egg hunt with the kids and that'll pretty much be it for them too.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:37AM

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:40AM

Posted by: Claire ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:44AM

Never mind the sex between God and Mary.

DH and I watched Easter Parade early this morning.
After which we had great sex of our own on this rainy Southern California morning.

It was a religious experience since we yelled "Oh God" repeatedly.
Beats the hell out of sitting in church.

Now we have to decide which restaurant to have brunch in. Ah.....

Posted by: sparta ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 12:00PM

Dh is hoping that Arsenal will actually beat Bolton (no hope lol) and watching the Old Firm derby to see if it will all go pear shaped.

World championship snooker is on, and it's very relaxing to sit and watch whilst consuming large amounts of chocolate :)

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 12:54PM

My initial plan for today was to take my wife and son to Folsom Lake for a picnic and a bike ride, but since God's threatening to dribble his holy spittle on us we'll have to find something to do indoors. Maybe I'll visit my parents.

I'm also helping a friend move the last of his things out of his apartment. We've been moving a little at a time over the last week, and the apartment is just about empty now.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 01:06PM

My husband the exmo is brewing beer.

Posted by: regular joe ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 01:19PM

Had a great easter yesterday. Realxing and shooting gophers today.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 01:22PM

Its nice here today...FINALLY!

The kids are hyped on Easter candy, I am not feeling 100% so i am taking it easy. Husband is cleaning out the cars.

We may go for a stroll later on. We'll see....

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 02:05PM

My story in brief is on the Robertb + Foxe thread. You once asked.

Off to Sunday/Easter brunch. Yep, helping a bunch of cooks and servers to break the Sabbath Day.

Later....HOCKEY! Van v. Chicago. Even if you don't like hockey this will be something else. It'll be playoff hockey at its best.

(Where's 6iron lately?)

Human

Date: April 24, 2011 03:17PM

Enjoy your Sunday!

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 04:12PM

The sun is finally shining-the snow is almost (yes almost) gone, worked in the yard, went for our first walk of the new year and a light dinner. Great sunday, miss the bunny and grand kids though

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.