Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 04:54PM

Once I was taking an aerobic dancing class in the gym. All of a sudden, the big metal piece at the top of the folding doors came careening to the floor. Had anyone been under it, they could have been seriously injured, or killed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 05:35PM

In a ward I used to attend a little girl fell off the stage and sustained permanent brain damage. Very sad.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 05:44PM

Our ward is as unsafe as a contagion ward at a children's clinic.

It is like a giant petri dish.

Seriously, our family would "quarantine" ourselves, before an important event or trip. We would stay away from sick people two weeks before the big day--and that meant staying away from church.

Our Mormon pediatrician insisted that we keep our newborn babies out of the Mormon churches, for at least 6 weeks.

We had a lot of old people in our ward, and every year someone would slip on the ice and injure themselves. It was usually a woman in high heels.

Food poisoning at one of their potluck dinners.

My children were spanked, shoved, and molested.

It is unsafe for your belongings. After having coats and boots stolen from the racks, I and my children kept them on for all three hours. They didn't adequately heat the building, anyway. I'd put my boots next to me on the stand, when I wore my organ shoes.

My son was allergic to dust mites, and the church building would make him sneeze like crazy.

Fumes from the glue on the burlap walls gave people a headache (probably exacerbated by the effects of brainwashing).

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 05:00PM

Those ugly burlap walls had to be covered in dust that was never vacuumed.

It certainly won't be cleaned with "volunteer" cleaning crews.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 06:17PM

ago in detail by an ex employee.

Bad ventilation, fumes, mold, sick people.

Posted by: sweettasteofwoman ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 07:27PM

false lds doctrine

pedophiles

untrained lds clergy

liars within

fake friends

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 07:32PM

Nursery lost my two year old last fall...

Last time I ever attended the full three hours.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 10:15PM

My ward lost a nursery child too. Someone found him wandering the building by himself. He was 2.

Outrageous.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 07:41PM

A missionary stole my coat. He left his sh***y coat in its place. Thanks, pal.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 08:15PM

Now that would be funny.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 03:32PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that would be funny.

Sadly, that was pre-badge days...

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 07:44PM

I bring it up because he was alone with her in the stake center while they were waiting for parents. But something like that could easily have been rape or worse. The only thing that happened was that he was delayed by more than a year in going on his mission. They made him spend more time at BYU, and he was 20 before he went.

Posted by: elderborracho ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 08:18PM

When I was a teenager in scouts, one of the maintenance/janitor guys (back when there were paid janitors) committed suicide by hanging himself in the storage area above the stage. I remember showing up at the church for scouts and the cops were there and told my dad that scouts had been cancelled and then told him what had happened.

Also, when I was 8 years old I smashed my middle finger in the bathroom door at the church. It was, and still is, the only bone I have ever broken in my life. I always thought that it was because god was punishing me for learning how to use the middle finger to flip people off.

Posted by: faboo ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 07:15AM

elderborracho Wrote:

> Also, when I was 8 years old I smashed my middle
> finger in the bathroom door at the church. It
> was, and still is, the only bone I have ever
> broken in my life. I always thought that it was
> because god was punishing me for learning how to
> use the middle finger to flip people off.

I had a similar experience, except I was 5 and I smashed my toe in the bathroom door at church. It turned black and blue and my nail got messed up for awhile. I was actually told it was God punishing me for running in church! I totally believed it at the time, too.

Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 11:59AM

elderborracho Wrote:
> When I was a teenager in scouts, one of the
> maintenance/janitor guys (back when there were
> paid janitors) committed suicide by hanging
> himself in the storage area above the stage. I
> remember showing up at the church for scouts and
> the cops were there and told my dad that scouts
> had been cancelled and then told him what had
> happened.
>
> Also, when I was 8 years old I smashed my middle
> finger in the bathroom door at the church. It
> was, and still is, the only bone I have ever
> broken in my life. I always thought that it was
> because god was punishing me for learning how to
> use the middle finger to flip people off.

I was running, and we were playing while at the SC for tryouts for Saturdays warriors. I was going into the building and the door caught my big toe and ripped the nail right off. No biggie, everyone just kept doing their thing. I was a tough kid I guess. Still weird looking to this day.

Dangerous for me too because my predator gf ass would show up from primary and church on sunday to charm others and take me "home" and molest me, so it was a scary place when I was a kid. Evil too.

In the Bloomfield Hills SC ritual abuse took place also, so not a good place.....

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:12PM

Freezing your ass off all the time and too many men bear hugging children and yw -I don't mean hugs in a good way. Not building related but high priest who used to beat the shit out of his wife all the time and everyone knew it and no one did a thing. She left the church and divorced the bastard

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:20PM

Carpeted cultural halls= twisted ankles and knees when playing basketball, wife getting a twisted ankle from being spun at the Stake Valentines dance (who the heck ever heard of ballroom dancing on a carpet), and shredded pants and elbows when the kids are running and playing.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:31PM

Given the rash of fires in the past few years it is a serious safety hazard.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:35PM

A young RM, home for only a few days, died while playing a pickup game of basketball in the gym. My son was there when it happened. Traumatized everyone.

Posted by: elderborracho ( )
Date: April 24, 2011 11:51PM

gemini you just refreshed my memory! My seminary teacher died in the "cultural hall" during a basketball game. Thankfully, I wasn't there for the incident. He actually was a very great person and I am still in contact with his son.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 12:33AM

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 04:51AM

The chapel itself in the ward waterfitht I got thrown down a set of steps into a large bush of thorns soeone dumped at the bottom. Bullys for you.

The normal scrapes wacked heads and other such things.

Every cold or flu gets hime from my parants to me even now.

I'm not always sure it's just buildings. I remeber when I was very small hideing in the room that was used to store metal stuff as our ward didnt have a chapel yet. I as hideing from primary and my head was hurt I dont remeber how but I remeber scratching at flaky blood on my scalp and my mother noticeing it when she found me. I was back in primary the next week and still dont remeber what happend clearly with that.

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 08:49AM

The Kamikazes go for LDS buildings and temples first.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 11:22AM

and it took about 12 hours of surgery to put his arms back together. He spent a year of high school with both arms in casts and never regained full use of all his fingers.

Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 11:55AM

Posted by: mindy2derby ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 03:09PM

Ritual abuse in Bloomfield Hills SC? I was there for 6 years as a kid and never saw or heard anything close to that.

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 03:51PM

I'm wondering if he/she is referring to abuse suffered at the hands of an LDS family member or close friend... Abusers love to hide behind religion and use it as a manipulator. I wouldn't call it ritual abuse, but some might.

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 04:09PM

Our ward was closed on several occasions for severe lice problems.. At least the bishop had the good sense to cancel services. (though I'm pretty sure it was at the insistence of his wife)

It also really concerned me that there were so many kids running around and so many small closed rooms and people that we didn't know their criminal backgrounds. It wasn't just me that felt this way, a lot of TBM women shared these concerns.

We did have one guy who was a hebephile. Parents were warned about him especially if they had teenage daughters.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 03:26PM

Back when I was about 7 or 8, we used to drive to a white church house in the Rose Park Area. I think it was before they had correlation because I remember we used to go to one meeting, go home and then come back later for more meetings.

So anyways, I was in Primary and they had to evacuate because the 'cultural hall' caught on fire. I remember looking in later and seeing how scarred it was and my dad having to go with some of the other men a few times to help with clean up. I remember then transferring to another building 'The Miracle Rock Church' now. Across from Albertsons on 9th South and North Temple.

Posted by: Finance Clerk ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 05:22PM

I am always amazed that there is not more security for primary aged kids. They can go out in the hall or outside and be snatched up by a pedophile with no one knowing it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.