Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 09:10AM

Those of you who know me, know me as síóg. I chose that handle many years ago, but it's time to move on and use my own name, which is, as some of you know, Lorraine. Lorraine had been registered to someone else on the old board, so I couldn't use it then.

Now I can. So I'm lorraine, formerly síóg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 09:16AM

Date: April 26, 2011 09:37AM

Hi Scooter

Yes, we're still here, and we hope to be for some time. There's no telling; it all depends on the job and the economy. In the meantime, we're trying to make the most of it. We went to Rome for our 25th anniversary in February; in May we're going to Venice in memory of my youth, for I turn a really ghastly age in two weeks, a truly horrifying number.

Anyway, Salzburg is lovely, and we're enjoying it. I suppose I have my moments when I'm conscious of feeling very isolated, because I'm cut off from a lot because I'm having a hard time with German. Still, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity for anything.

Are you planning any big adventures for the troop this summer?

Lorraine

Date: April 26, 2011 09:39AM

canoeing the Yukon

there's a chance my youngest may be an au pair in northern Italy for five weeks this summer. Cuneo?

Date: April 26, 2011 09:47AM

Wow, the Yukon. That's some adventure. Good for you and for them!

I to Google Cuneo. I don't know Piedmont; we're just discovering Italy. However, we're finding it wonderful. I'm sure she'll (?) love it if she goes. It really is beautiful.

Why don't you email me and we can see if there's anyway I can help -- moral support or a spare bed if she travels or anything. I'm still at the same address(es).

Date: April 26, 2011 09:56AM

computer upgrade knocked out my cookies. Including my favorite cookie.

will contact Susan, I guess.

Date: April 26, 2011 11:01AM

Are you still at the same address? I'll send something your way.

Date: April 26, 2011 11:08AM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 11:20AM

Okay, I'm being silly, but Lorraine was perhaps my first e-buddy on the board... We "just missed" each other at the University of Utah, and it was unbelievable that we knew so many of the same people...

She was one who also helped me "put together" those in the old Holladay neighborhood who all lived very close together and yet didn't know each other until RFM...

Too, she gave me gumption to go after a particularly noxious homophobic jerk who used to post here, and I'm grateful especially for that one... RFM was much less gay-friendly before then, and I certainly wasn't the first to tackle the bigotry, but I realized a need to throw some real punches and not roll over and accept unacceptable abuse of my friends.

Now let me tell you about the time a group of us were in Salt Lake's Oyster Bar... RFM regular Cricket, good ol' Seagull Choker himself--who didn't grow up in the old neighborhood--brought one of the new emerald green Temple aprons--with the nifty Velcro fastener--and it was subjected to a laying on of hands... And a bit of loud laughter... Toto, are you around?

Okay fair lady; your call, and I think you're safe since there are no Danites in Austria or Ireland... It's easier to type, although I never had trouble with accents with my PowerMac...

My best...

Date: April 26, 2011 11:51AM

You're very kind, Cabbie. Thank you. One of the reasons for the old handle was precisely the difficulty of using ASCII to make the accents. I wanted it to be difficult for someone one impersonate me during a rash of impersonations.

Now one of the reasons for changing is the difficulties of using ASCII to make the accents. About half the time, I'm typing on a German keyboard which had a different layout, so it's difficult enough to use. (For instance, the Y and the Z are switched.) But this keyboard lacks the number pad, so it's next to impossible to use ASCII code.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.