Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: H-Squared ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 08:26AM

Found this on another forum:

"The rest of the United States has made huge strides in equality for women. There are still some areas that need attention but in many career fields women are doing wonderfully well...outside of Utah and Mormonism that is.

While cruising around the Bureau of Labor Statistics website I bumped into this:

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat11.pdf

In the U.S., women make up 57.4% of "professional and related occupations", 60.1% of accountants and auditors, 53.2% of financial managers, 53.7% of medical scientists, 56% of veterinarians, 66.7% of psychologists, 53% of pharmacists, 60% of PR managers, and the list of successes goes on and on....outside of Mormonism.

Looking around my stake I see so many brilliant women who gave up their college educations part way through to become a full-time mother for life. There is nothing wrong with that career choice if indeed it is the woman's choice. The problem is that many of these women were blindly following the counsel of their leaders.

In my opinion a career choice should be just that...a choice."

The problem is that TBM women are needed to pop out babies. Anything that gets in the way of the breeding stock reproducing is bad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: glad2bout ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 08:36AM

Statistically, and fortunately, the majority of those popped babies will become ex-mo. All those tithe payers lost to truth and honesty. Too bad, though, they must suffer the indoctrination and lifestyle of morgdom until that day they can become free.

My third daughter has an indelicate name for those women who choose the mormonism lifestyle: mattress.

Glad2B Out

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 11:11AM

How about this, a case study?

I'm a nevermo, but with tons of Morg cousins and I have sis who converted in college (BYU--daddy warned her, she wouldn't listen).

I have a degree, am a professional and had 5 kids over 20 years, stayed Catholic, am married to a professional.

She dropped out after converting, married an RM, dropped 5 kids in 6 years, got sealed, he's a farmer.

My sons are: (both unmarried) an USAF pilot and an actor (in college still) and my daughters are: an MBA (doing an internship in Europe), a medical student (recently married) and still in high school.

No grandchildren and no plans for them so far.

Her sons are: works in construction (Temple married to a housewife for 4 years, 3 kids, rents a 2 bed apart, frequently unemployed); an EMT (Temple married to a housewife 2 years, 1 kid, 1 on way, living at home with her mom and dad), a soon to graduate from high school, just inducted into Army, just married (an oops baby due in a few weeks) one; and helps on the farm engaged will marry in the Temple next fall. Her daughter is a Temple married housewife of two years with one child.

None of her children attended college, own homes or have steady incomes and neither does she.

We grew up in the same home with the same values--until she converted and was told ours were wrong and that early marriage and lots of babies would bring her many blessings. The farm is in receivership yet again. But since all but one of her kids were married in Temple, I guess that means she is blessed? Of course, not being up to date on tithing means she wasn't worthy and couldn't be present at said Temple weddings . . .

Posted by: ynnad ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 03:29PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.