Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: student ( )
Date: April 29, 2011 10:27PM

Was is love at first post? Did you receive any revelations? Did it turn out to be a one night stand? I want DETAILS.

I hope you didn't do any of that "hanging out" that is forbidden by god's mouthpiece.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 12:52AM

I'm still trying to hook up with a few!!

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 02:13PM

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 03:33PM

Just for the record, I'm not really looking to hook up. But there are some women here who post like they are totally hot! Don't know what they are like in reality, but let me picture them how I want... And they are hot!

Date: April 30, 2011 03:39PM

Carry on. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 03:40PM by Beth.

Date: April 30, 2011 03:41PM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 08:42AM

They were a few years ago. One was a bit scandalous. And I've heard some scuttlebutt about some guys using RFM as their own little Craig's List, in some cases less than honorably.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 12:52PM

I personally know of one very YOUNG man that posts here ( well I assume man- suppose could possibly be a woman) that poses here as a 64 year old man, send pics of a man that age, and at least tried to hook up with me.

I could soon tell by the conversation that he was VERY young, and most like a nevermo, though he poses as a 64 year old exmo man. I totally called him out and the emails stopped, but I suppose if he wants to post and lie completely about his identity here, that is his choice. Scammers are everywhere, even here on this board. So beware!

Date: April 30, 2011 02:21PM

It's *very* fucked up to discover that people who were ostensibly offering you support were really trying to get you to help them out of their marriages. Also beware of emotional vampires.

People searching for a catalyst to push them to do what they'll probably do anyway as well as people trying to extend their lives through asking for every minor detail of your emotional pain run rampant IRL. You'll find that occasionally happens here, too.

Wanna know why I left for almost a year? See above. But it's my own damn fault for letting my guard down.

ETA: Not just talking about dudes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 02:22PM by Beth.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.