Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 08:29PM

Occasionally, TBMs will mention the size of the church or the fact that some arguably well known person is a Mormon. That may be comforting to them but it is actually irrelevant if one is seeking the truth. The concept that large percentages of the masses, including many well known people, can believe in things that are patently false seems to elude many TBMs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 08:41PM

I think one reason Mormons still cluster heavily in the Intermountain West is so they can feel like they're part of some big deal instead of the tiny oddball sect they really are.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 10:01PM

Next time a Mormon brings this up, I'm going to ask how they explain Muslims? There are educated Muslims and educated Mormons. Both religions have been seriously studied by their scholars, both have been seriously lived by their adherents, And if feelings are any indication of truth, the Muslim religion kicks Mormon butt. I don't see any Mormons blowing themselves up for their God. However, Muslims are "misled" as far as Mormons are concerned, despite being alike by so many of the standards the LDS measure by.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.