Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 08:47AM

I'm at episode 19, and it's totally turning into Inception.

WTF! Was there some collaboration with Christopher Nolan and JJ Abrams? Is this outright stealing, some sort of homage, or a weird coincidence?

I'm not sure if I'm annoyed or delighted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 08:49AM by Beth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 01, 2011 09:17AM

If they pull out Firefly, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Battlestar...I'll be in heaven. If I see a reference to LOST, I'm throwing my computer across the room.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 10:04PM

The whole Mysterious Machine / "Chosen One" and ancient manuscript with an illustration were all themes in a previous J.J. Abrams creation: "Alias".

I absolutely loved the first three seasons of "Alias". Seasons four, and the last, five, were pretty awful, as Abrams focused his attentions on creating and producing "Lost".

Unlike "Firefly" (created by Joss Whedon, a god among men), which was excellent from first to last, I am very wary of completely buying in to any series created by J.J. Abrams.

Abrams opens with a bang - interesting people in an interesting situation, but his series have always spun out of control, ending with less than satisfying results.

Date: May 02, 2011 06:11AM

My kid got me hooked on Fringe, and I love Walter. I'm caught up now, but I see this thing spiraling into something I'll eventually dislike. Some shows should have term limits -- like three years. If you can't wrap it up in three years, you're pretty much doomed. Some should only last one year.

Firefly = Cowboys in Space! I love it when I see people from that series getting work elsewhere. I'm not happy with how V changed Morena Baccarin's appearance (and I'm not talking about the haircut). It was great to see Summer Glau on TSCC (The Sarah Connor Chronicles). I loved that cast and series (Brian Austin Green can actually act?! Who knew?!). I refused to see the movie after they canceled the series. That series was canceled too soon.

Dr. Horrible is coming back! And, don't hate me, but I loved Dark Angel despite the fact that Jessica Alba didn't do that acting thing all too well.

LOST - I want six years of my life back! I stopped watching after the second season, played catch up at some point only to really, really hate the end. >:-/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 06:48AM by Beth.

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 10:09PM

Beth, you're a Firefly fan? Who knew? I just bought the series on recommendation from a friend. Two words. LOVE IT. (and lust mightily after Nathan Fillion).

Date: May 02, 2011 06:14AM

You may have Mal if I may have Jayne. ;-)

We need to watch the new Battlestar. I've heard repeatedly that it is incredibly good. None of that '80s dumbness I hated about the first one.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:04PM

One of the many reasons I despise the Fox Network is because they canceled "Firefly". (Nathan Fillion said that if he won the lottery, he would buy the "Firefly" rights back from Fox, and produce more episodes. From his lips to god's ears.)

Another Fox canceled series I loved: "Harsh Realm". Chris Carter, who created X-Files, also wrote HR. I fell in love with the characters and world almost as fast as "Firefly", and it was canceled after THREE episodes aired. Bastards.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.