Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 06:53PM

If Barbie were human-size, she'd stand 6 feet tall with a 36-inch chest, an 18-inch waist, and 33-inch hips.

Galia Slayen, who once battled an eating disorder, wanted to know what a person with these dimensions would look like so she built a life-size Barbie. The result is a freakish-looking woman with spindly legs, a disturbingly skinny waist, and big boobs.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=87778

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 07:04PM

I didn't find barbie sexy anyhow :)

Give me a 5' brunette that's not ripped but curvy...not fat...but has the magical extra layer to cover up any definition of muscles. Smooth, voluptuous and sexy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 10:13AM by lostmystic.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 06:07AM

Posted by: Ken the Asstheist ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 07:54PM

People who believe Barbie ever even existed are stupid, deluded liars.

The vast majority of scholars, too numerous to list here, have proven that Barbie never existed.

Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 07:10AM

Scientists don't know everything.

Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:16AM

And I have been told by very reliable and Barbie-experienced persons that when they dress their Barbie nicely and hug her, they have a warm feeling in their bosom, which as is well known on this site, is a testimony of truth.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:08AM

Posted by: hotwaterblue ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:26AM

I testify Barbie is true. Every time I hold her I have an earth shaking experience. She moves me in ways I cannot describe. Cheesenrice, amen

Posted by: tbirdguy ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:40AM

Absurd. No Barbie doll looks like that.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 01:08PM

New Barbies for the Greater Salt Lake City Market! Get Yours Today! - by Swedeboy - 02/09/2007

Mattel recently announced the release of limited-edition Barbie Dolls for the Greater SLC market:

Park City Barbie

She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade Handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign dog named Honey and a million dollar home. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with the augmented version.

Draper Barbie

The modern day homemaker Barbie is available with Ford Wind star Minivan and matching gym outfit. She gets lost easily and has no full-time occupation. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately.

Kearns Barbie

This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife, a Chevy with dark tinted windows, and a meth Lab Kit. This model is only available after dark and must be paid for in cash (preferably small, untraceable bills) unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about.

East Bench Barbie

This yuppie Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included are her own Starbucks cup, credit card and country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper. You won't be able to afford any of them.

Riverton Barbie

This pale model comes dressed in her own Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a NASCAR t-shirt and tweety bird tattoo on her shoulder. She has a six-pack of Bud light and a Hank Williams Jr. CD set She can spit over 5 feet and kick mullet-haired Ken's butt when she is drunk. Purchase her pickup truck separately and get a confederate flag bumper sticker absolutely free.

Emigration Canyon Barbie

This collagen injected, rhino plastic Barbie wears a leopard print outfit and drinks cosmopolitans while entertaining friends. Percocet prescription available as well as newly built high rise condo.

Tooele Barbie

This tobacco-chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased beer-gutted Ken out of Butler Barbie's house. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans, fake fingernails, and a see-through halter-top. Also available with a mobile home.

The Avenues Barbie

This doll is made of actual tofu. She has long straight brown hair, arch-less feet, hairy armpits, no makeup and Birkenstocks with white socks. She prefers that you call her Willow. She does not want or need a Ken doll, but if you purchase two Avenues Barbies and the optional Subaru wagon, you get a rainbow flag bumper sticker for free.

West Valley Barbie

This Barbie now comes with a stroller and 2 infant dolls. Optional accessories include a GED and bus pass. White boy Gangsta Ken and his 1979 Caddy were available, but are now very difficult to find since the addition of the infant.

Provo Barbie

She's perfect in every way, mainly due to the high levels of antidepressants in her system. We don't know where Ken is because he's always at church meetings.

Sister Wife Barbie by Wanda

Comes with a velcro pregnancy belly and a kid on foot, dressed like a pioneer, and says phrases like: "Aw jeez, another one's turn tonight again!" "Thank heavens for welfare and telemarketing!" "Who needs schooling? The Priesthood teaches us all we need to know!"

Downtown Salt Lake City Molly Mormon Barbie by Windy

Vacuous beautific smile with the meanest eyes imaginable, tends to stop and stutter, "Oh! Oh!, that's (cluck) that's not funny, oh, oh..." and wanders off muttering to herself at any speaking Ken doll not wearing a black suit. She wears an ankle-length denim skirt dragging the ground and white frock buttoned up her chin, stomps off her Barbie Trax streetcar like an elephant, pushing casually-dressed male dolls out of her way.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:23PM

I've seen those before and they're all right on target.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:24PM

By the way can anyone describe what an FLDS Barbie would be like?

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 08:35PM

OMG!!! That site is HILARIOUS!!!

Oh, my sides!!!

Posted by: J. Chan ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 12:20PM

out there like Brooklyn Decker, Bar Refali and Marisa Miller?

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 01:16PM

I'm as much of a feminist as anyone. And I hate eating disorders. But I never once as a kid looked at Barbie and wanted to look just like her. She was a DOLL.

Blue's clues didn't convince me dogs could be blue or pink and that salt and pepper shakers could talk, I never believed smurfs were real, and I didn't grow up to be anorexic because of Barbie.

I'm not saying that no one ever had those thoughts, it's just that I didn't. And I'm all about good role modeling and whatnot.

Posted by: nevermo-beck ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 05:58PM

You guys are killin' me. *snort*

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.