Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bubblebobble ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:22AM

I've heard of people eating coffee beans in the olden days; like monks eating the coffee beans before a long prayer session. Do you think eating coffee beans would get the same results as a cup of coffee for being an "evil sin?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:34AM

So sounds like you have a loop hole for the recommend interview.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 06:14AM

We used to travel to Las Vegas to see the Dr. for ADD meds once a month. We'd stop at Smiths grocery store on the way home and stock up.
My six year old would always stay awake all the way home in the car. We had an hour and a half drive to get home and all the other kids would be asleep by the time we got to our freeway exit 20 miles out of Vegas.
But when we rolled in at 1 AM my boy would still be awake.
He admitted years later he'd steal five or six loose coffee beans from the coffee grind your own and bag your own stand in the store and eat them
Wound him up like a cheap watch!
He started his love of coffee there! Oh the evil Smith store! (Weep Weep)

Now I love the chocolate covered coffee beans that are served on the top of the whipped cream granita at the Human Bean stand in oregon!!!!! Yum Yum Yum!

Coffee makes me smile!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:14AM

I've been thinking about getting a coffee grinder so I can grind my own beans to a medium coarseness and try cold brewing them instead of the ground ones I've been getting form the store.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:22AM

Your coffee will taste a millions times better, I promise you that. I hate the pre-ground crap.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 05:47PM

I don't often treat myself, but it really is the best way to go. You can put beans in the grinder straight from the freezer.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:55AM

Sure. And you could also suck the milk right out of the cow's teat. But why would you want to?

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:04PM

I love chocolate covered coffee beans! They are the best! Though eat too many and you can get a caffeine high! ;o))

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:52PM

Posted by: xophor ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:41PM

The coffee I'm drinking right now was ground this morning...it really is the best way to go. The aroma and flavor is so much better than pre-ground. Grinders are inexpensive and once you try it you'll be a new convert.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:48PM

A former poster named Eloher used to tell the funniest story about her TBM mother who was addicted to the caffeine rush she got from giving herself a coffee enema. There's always some way around Mormon rules. lol

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.