Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 10:17AM

Mine gotta be Steve Benson, for infecting me with incurable skepticism, total baloney of religion, common sense of Atheism, which surgically removed all intangible, stupid variables of unseen & unknown.
Besides that, look at the Guy's talent on his Cartoon; speaks for itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 12:58PM by Admin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 10:30AM

My #1 gift is the feeling that I am not alone in all of this, and being exposed to so many different perceptions.

My #2 gift I received was the link to RaptorJesus's blog. That's the gift that keeps on giving.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:02AM

Thanks to everyone who posts those not so faith promoting updates on "the church" in their area.

Spencer W. Kimball: "Please don't shot the little birdies"
Spencer W. Kimball: go forth and multiply those profitable hunting clubs!!!

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 01:37PM

this quote by Kimball, when I was like 5 year old I believe, and the inconsistency this qoute now presents with the TSCC hunting clubs in Florida and Utah. Good one Weeder.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:04AM

I to enjoy the fact I am not alone in my contempt and distrust of the mormons. I have learned much about many aspects of mormon history,,coverups,,outright lies,,arrogance,,lives and families destroyed. Thanks to the many who contribute this information.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:08AM

#1 -- eye-opening, jaw-dropping information about the church I had drifted in for years.

#2 -- belly-laughs, smiles, giggles. There are so many funny posts. I don't acknowledge them much, but they are funny!

Posted by: vivo ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:39AM

The courage to get the resignation letter written and sent off to the COB.

It was a hard thing to do. This board helped me get it done.

Posted by: freedomissweet ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:48AM

Totally agree with all the above. RfM provides so much support.

My biggest gift is the freedom I enjoy - hence the name.

freedom is sweet.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 12:01PM

This board is a TOTAL gift, and I feel indebted. I cannot say how many times I have come here in tears from feeling so very alone because my family has pretty much entirely deserted me.

Or if they make me very angry, because I WILL stand up for what I do NOT believe if questioned, then I come here for stress relief.

I found this board right about the time I got divorced 2.5 years ago and it has been a JSmithsend, I mean godsend for me!

Thanks to each and every one of you, I doubt I could have lived through these past couple of years without your support, and have grown to love so many people that I have never even met.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 11:58AM by think4u.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 01:46AM

I agree with you totally think4you.Some days the sadness and loss of my children's respect is more than I can bear. When they 100% take their dads side and want nothing to do with me,that is such a gut wrenching experience. I know I can come here and post,or just read. I always get support and unconditional acceptance from this board. It is something I can't live without at this stage in my journey.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 12:00PM

loveskids, how old are your kids, and are you divorced. We seem to share some things in common for sure. All the best to you.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 01:07PM

I can't choose just one.

-Creative outlet.
-Sincere people.
-Book of Raptor.
-Dissertations of Benson & Packham.
-Lunch with fascinating people.
-My new Grandama
-The Bois.
-People I don't agree with (helps me understand em better).
-Mocking my MIL and fast and testimony meeting.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 01:48PM

The opportunity to make some good come out of something very, very bad. The chance to help unconvert to make up for those I lured into a cult.

And there's one very important thing: friendship, and like think4u said, understanding. No one can possibly understand the mindf*ck that cult conditioning does to a presumably intelligent person. Frankly, you feel really stupid when you realize you've been had. Rolled for thousands of dollars and your family scarred forever.

This is the place where you can express your anger with people who don't respond with inane statements like "Well, they do a lot of good in the world," or almost worse, "They sure do take care of their own, right?" Which makes you feel worse.

RfM has informed me, comforted me, and provided me with community when no one else, no group/no person, could possibly understand.

And I have a chance to extend that understanding to others.

I love all of you at RfM!

Anagrammy

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 01:50PM

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 01:53PM

The info I have been given in which I'd never heard before from anyone outside of the board. As well, the advice.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:06PM

which proved lethal for future growth of said CULT.

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:25PM

#1 EricK for creating this fantastic site and Susan I/S who works hard to keep the site going.

#2 Everyone who posts here with their stories and support. I left many, many years ago due to exhaustion (preinternet), but found that many of you have the same issues I have about the cult.

Thanks to everyone!

Posted by: xophor ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 02:32PM

While I enjoy many aspects of this board like personal stories & experieneces, support & concern, humor, perspective, diversity, etc., for me the #1 gift is the wealth of information. Obscure JoD references, scriptural contradictions, historical tidbits, internet links, newspaper articles, ghastly conference statements from decades ago...literally hundreds of snippets of information that I would never come across on my own.

Posted by: SpongeBob SquareGarments ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 05:13PM

I learned that ExMormonRon calls his Johnson "bacon".

just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 05:14PM by SpongeBob SquareGarments.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:08PM

My gift is any poster who tells me they got out. It is my hope my convert daughter will be one of you in the not so distant future. Those stories help me see that the light bulb goes on in many different ways.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:19PM

I read posts from all the people who had quit the church, some undergoing great sacrifice after doing it. I bucked up after year of reading them and said, "I can do this." And I did, and I'm happy. My sadness only comes from reading posts of people that have had to endure so much more than I had to.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:25PM

Y'all. I mean it.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:30PM

I got a nice Christmas tree ornament.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 09:47PM

1. A place to vent

2. Being called out on my BS

3. Learning to question and check claims

4. Intelligent, interesting and fun friends

5. A place where people like me actually exist

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:01PM

Peer knowledge.

Posted by: SayHi2Kolob4Me ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:12PM

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 12:37AM

The Gold Watch of course!! Thanks, Susan!!

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 01:45AM

TAWANDA!!! Freedom, knowing out there in cyberspace there are people like me, and the opportunity to write swear words. Thank you everyone!

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 03:46PM

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 03:51PM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 03:59PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Raider ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 05:31PM

Historical info that blows gaping, smoking, verifiable, inescapable, unrepairable holes in the fraud known as Mormonism. + 1

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.