Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tara ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 03:19PM

TSCC is bad enough for being tacky and completely f****d up. Place that type of culture in a work environment and...well....barf...

We have one employee who has become WAY, WAY too close to a manager. She likes to sit across from this dude with her legs spread apart in his office. She spends the better part of the day in his office hanging out, sitting on the floor by his desk, yada, yada... This guy is very much married with kids. He and the leg spreader do not see a problem with their emotional and camel-toe affair. I think what really took the cake was walking into the boss's office to the sight of a shoulder massage in progress.

When there are no boundaries things get really weird. When will these people get some class...and a freaking room....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CombatBarbie ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 04:22PM

First rule of Beehives: Front rubs lead to backrubs. thanks for your post....ah, the sweet, sweet memories of Mo sexual repression and my trying to reconcile what we were taught by what I was seeing growing up in our small community. :)

Posted by: bump ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 06:52AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 06:56AM

In this economy there isn't much recourse for empolyees who object to such antics.

This can't go on. They're in for trouble.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 07:30AM

...the only thing keeping the guy from killing himself. I can picture him, loaded down with the usual LDS crap, but this flirtation, as limited as it is at the moment, is the bright spot in his shitty life. I'm surprised there isn't an epidemic of Mormon men swerving into oncoming traffic or blowing their brains out. I would have.

Date: May 04, 2011 07:55AM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...the only thing keeping the guy from killing
> himself. I can picture him, loaded down with the
> usual LDS crap, but this flirtation, as limited as
> it is at the moment, is the bright spot in his
> shitty life. I'm surprised there isn't an epidemic
> of Mormon men swerving into oncoming traffic or
> blowing their brains out. I would have.

This guy does have a lot of problems in his personal life. Bad deal for him. Also, if this girl ever does "win" the little game she is playing and ends up replacing the wife it will go from fun at work to hell at home. I don't think that is her goal but she is so young, immature, and clueless that I don't think she is able to understand the potential consequences. Or she would just leave him with the wreckage of his marriage and move on to the next target.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 07:58AM

So, a guy at work is flirting with an employee and visa versa...gasp, never known that before.
You sound a little jealous

...and this is related to Mormonism, how exactly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2011 07:59AM by Stumbling.

Date: May 04, 2011 08:16AM

Stumbling Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, a guy at work is flirting with an employee and
> visa versa...gasp, never known that before.
> You sound a little jealous
>
>
> ...and this is related to Mormonism, how exactly?

Interesting thoughts. Most of my company (including these two people) are TBMs. The hypocrisy is what gets me.

Jealousy? Perhaps. never really thought about it before. But not the way you would think. I am a lesbian so my interest would be in the girl. Could be something subconscious there. The emotional connection is more appealing to me actually.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 08:31AM

Good reply.

Does the Manager in question hold a Church Leadership Role (was going to say position but given the thread topic...)?

Sadly hypocrisy is a common Mormon trait.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: May 04, 2011 08:58AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.