Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 06:14PM

Damn it, I've been trying to post this for y'all to see but I get that red warning about a bad word. I even contacted Sue and she agrees, so I'm just gonna post the link that is having me hating TSCC:

http://www.exmormonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4527

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 07:22PM

LD$ Inc does this every time they build a temple, too. Even in Orange County, CA, one of the wealthiest areas in the nation, the church still asked for extra donations to build the temple.
And you know that tithing has already paid for this projects, otherwise, they wouldn't have purchased them.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 07:43PM

The first time I was involved in something like this was back in the '50s when money was solicited from the AP to build the AP restoration monument on TS. Supposedly my name is inside it somewhere.

Posted by: mistymemories ( )
Date: May 03, 2011 07:47PM

I find this interesting as just in the last week PH leadership here have been instructed to ask for donations for latest restoration site (link above). Also this request comes in on top of a letter we received asking for donations for the missionary program as well. On top of tithing and also asked to double our fast offering. Maybe the members should just hand all that they own over to the church. So glad we are out!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.