Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blacksheep25 ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 12:16AM

So I was out walking my dog around 11 o’clock at night, when I ran into my next door neighbor who is a TBM. He decided that this would be a great time to try to get me to come back to the church. He asked me why I left, and I explained the why. I told him that I struggled to believe in a loving God when I see so much hurt and evil every day at work. For example I see a lot of rape victims and the devastation that comes from experiencing this type of trauma. So as an effort to convince me of a loving God he then explains to me that his wife had been raped. I asked him how his wife felt about the church’s teaching about rape i.e. Spencer W Kimball’s Miracle of Forgiveness which states; “It is better to die in defending one’s virtue then to live having lost it without a struggle”. Interestingly enough he had no idea that this passage was in the book. It made him really mad that an apostate, inactive member can quote the churches believer’s better than he could. I wonder why he thought that the story of his wife’s rape could bring me back to the fold. What was he expecting me to say? Did he want me to thank his wife and tell her that I am so thankful that you got raped, because this experience brought me back to the Mormon Church!!!!!!! Let’s just agree that this was a terrible thing that happened to his wife and not use this as a missionary tool!!!!!!! I don’t think he will try to convert me anytime soon lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: chulotc is snarky ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 01:42AM

the book of numbers actually shows how much the god of the bible supports rape.... it's no wonder that this guy tried to use it as a missionary opportunity.

i'm sure he's reading the miracle of forgiveness right now... nice job :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.