Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: snb ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 07:44PM

By no means am I trying to say that this experience wasn't or shouldn't have been hurtful. I had a similar experience when I joined the board and got flamed out of my mind. It hurts, especially at first.

All my entire point was is that we don't get to know what people's motivations are unless they tell us. There is no way to know if someone is a closet defender or just views something differently than we do. Mormonism is not cut and dry.

A lot of times the accusation is thrown around here that a person must be blatantly defending Mormonism if they have a differing opinion than another person on the board. It is that opinion that I am against.

And yes, if it is your opinion that you somehow know that someone is a closet defender, you should have to defend that assertion. I mean, I won't force you to defend anything you don't want to, but I will raise the question.

Also, where do you get your name? I love it :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WinksWinks nli ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 08:08PM

In the godmakers cartoon when god walks up to Mary's house, and she opens the door, he doesn't say anything but just blinks twice at her, and it cracks me up every time I watch it.

And my cat has only one eye, his name is Winks.

Posted by: WinksWinks nli ( )
Date: May 10, 2011 08:16PM

I always forget to link to the last thread when I do a continue myself, and when other people do I wish they had posted the link so I don't have to hunt for it. Cuz sometimes I am too lazy to go looking. LOL

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,188228

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.