Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 02:42PM

As we speak, my JackMo ex is in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil romancing his new online-order bride. My adult daughter showed me pics of her new step-mommy-to-be (they are only 4 years apart in age).

The woman is smoking-hot, model beautiful! I'm not exaggerating!! I have no idea what she sees in some ugly, broke, crazy, old man. Oh. Wait. American citizenship.

I'm a little "trophy" looking myself (for my age). But still...the INDIGNITY of it all just honks me off. Grrrrrrr.

Who here has been replaced by a younger, shinier model? And how did it feel?

;o)

P.S. And to be clear, I DON'T want that dipwad back-she can have him!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 02:44PM

I was replaced by a trophy husband! In all fairness, he's rich enough so that I might have been tempted...

I think I came out way ahead in the whole deal!

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 02:56PM

I am a Trophy Husband!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 07:50PM

Me too.

RB

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 05:24PM

I was replaced by millions of dollars, two homes, sail boat, nice cars and frequent traveling.

Last I heard, my ex is now changing my replacements diapers and they lost most of their wealth and both homes in the great crash.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 02:52PM

The mail order brides I've known of ended up leaving their American husbands as soon as they got their legal citizen status.

One guy married two in a row, both from different foreign countries. Both wives deserted him after the required length of time it took them to become Americans.

That's what they took away, besides their being a trophy wife.

Any guy who feels he has to have a hot smoking babe by his aged side, it's all about ego for him. For the girl/babe, it's usually about the money and free ride. Once the gig is up, they're out the door and looking for greener pastures.

They both are getting what they bargained for in their exchange - so they know what they're going into with eyes wide open. There are men who just want a subservient doormat for a wife. My ex-husband went to South Korea to find his after our divorce.

He said he'd only get married to someone subservient - no more American women for him, since we're ALL too independent for his liking. And like you, I'm just glad he's her headache now and not mine! She hates his guts but doesn't have the chutzpah to leave him because he supports her in the manner she's grown accustomed to. She is incapable of supporting herself, so she's stuck with him (unless she runs home to mommy and daddy, or leaves him for someone else.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 06:12PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 02:55PM

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about the election.

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 02:55PM

Dying

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 03:04PM

*snort!*

;o)

Date: November 16, 2016 02:57PM

Not younger and shinier, but more and more Molly Mormon. My ex was super freaked out by my lack of piety and got engaged twice more, each time to a more Mormon girl than the previous. Finally he married a SAHM TBM.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 03:29PM

When I turned 40, I asked my husband if he would like to replace me with two 20 year olds.

He thought and said, "Would I have to talk to them?"

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 04:18PM

I had a very short-term Brazilian girlfriend (not younger than me though), years ago, who wanted to marry me after a couple of weeks. I thought it way too quick, so questioned her motives.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 04:25PM

Is he doofus enough to fall for it? Don't bother answering.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 04:30PM

I'm not sure about my ex, but as a hormonal convert, I wasn't devout or submissive enough for him, so chances are he probably found a Molly Mormon to marry instead. I don't really care, as I'm just glad he's out of my life completely.

Date: November 16, 2016 10:00PM

Same here

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 01:40PM

My wife was just saying again last night that I am her reward after 30 years with her RM ex-husband. She married up by marrying out.

Date: November 16, 2016 05:20PM

In my many years I have known many marriages to Trophy Wives to work out very well.

However, of the three I know who married women who were not citizens, all three brides divorced the husband the second they had their citizenship. Then, they immediately filed to get their real boyfriends in the country.

I saw some real heartbreak from some guys who were seriously in love and found that they had been swindled and deceived big time. The destruction from the betrayal ran deeper than anyone can imagine. I know these might just be isolated cases, but I doubt it.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 05:30PM

I've been married a few times and have never traded in my spouse for a trophy wife.

A trophy cat, a couple of times--well sure, of course, nothing wrong with that. Wife-to-cat or wife-to-dog--those are simple, obvious upgrades.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 05:36PM

I enjoy hearing these stories, and am sad for those replaced...

However, my wife of 25 years gets my trophy for being dedicated, supportive, loving, and caring. I can't imagine trading her in for a younger model, she already knows all my faults and has learned how to put up with them :)

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 12:55PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I enjoy hearing these stories, and am sad for
> those replaced...
>
> However, my wife of 25 years gets my trophy for
> being dedicated, supportive, loving, and caring.
> I can't imagine trading her in for a younger
> model, she already knows all my faults and has
> learned how to put up with them :)

Ditto. I chose my trophy wife for my first (and only) marriage.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:19PM

Are you my dark (atheist) twin?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 08:50PM

caffiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you my dark (atheist) twin?

Oh, absolutely.
I'm the yin to your yang. The evil Kirk to your transporter-modified nice Kirk. The Anakin to your Obi-Wan.

Except I'm white and delightsome :)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 08:06PM

I've been replaced by a trophy boyfriend. No marriage, but lots of heartbreak just the same.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 05:21PM

dumped her. He was in it for the fun of an affair with a married woman but left when it got too serious.

Date: November 17, 2016 08:51PM

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 08:15PM

Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 09:22PM

What I know about Brazilian relationships is that it's an intense rollercoaster of ups and downs. There's no middle ground. You're either wanting to murder each other or glowing in an aura of bliss. When things are good, they're incredible. When things are bad, it's Hell on earth.

He's about to experience that first hand. It's unlikely to last.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: November 16, 2016 09:58PM

No trophies here, except he deserves a trophy or maybe a medal for putting up with me for nearly 30 years!

I like to think that the rocks in his head match up nicely to the holes in mine!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 12:18AM

And the guy my husband left me for was UGLY, butt ugly. Then 4 years later, that guy left my husband (while cheating on my husband all through the 4 years).

I came out on the winning end. It will be 21 years since he left me in January.

The guy my daughter was going to marry last fall (divorced with 3 children) married a Brazilian girl in June in the temple and she is now pregnant. She left for Brazil about 6 weeks ago. Now she wants to come back . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 12:19AM by cl2.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 07:18AM

I saw this a couple of times a friend of mine found a latin prostitute and brought her to the states. She was quite attractive, but later they found out she had stds, and spread the warts around. It also became known that she left a child back in (i don't know where). She got her papers started on and went after and flirted with every guy in the Elders quorum meet market. It wasn't long until she got bored, made up a story of abuse (like these women always do) got the police involved, and took off with half his stuff.

It sucks.

Date: November 17, 2016 02:37PM

Maybe he bears some of the responsibility? Just a thought.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:37PM

Wouldn't be a thread about women without 'poopstone' (mature user handle BTW) castigating an entire gender based on his anecdotal experiences.

Go away.

Date: November 18, 2016 09:41AM

I know, right...either he surrounds himself with very low-end women on purpose to tell these stories or they are grossly exaggerated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 09:42AM by woodsmoke.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 10:39AM

Based on what you know, would you, as a woman, hang out with poopstone?

Date: November 18, 2016 01:29PM

No, but then again, nor would the men I know...

Women who hate men are tiresome as well. It just gets boring to hear these cherry picked anecdotes, really.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 08:42AM

How about - i was 24, DH 28 when he left me for a 42-year old cougar.

Posted by: not again ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 12:29PM

After my divorce I went online looking for a Trophy.

I found her and soon found out she was a cheat, a liar, In

debt over her head and wanted a Temple Marriage.

I ran... I'm still running.

Posted by: AlmostGone1 ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 03:19PM

The Brazilian woman see as visa to the US in him. That is it.

All the girls down there are trying to get the US any way possible.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 03:43PM

Maybe more men should start watching the ID channel.

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 04:49PM

Never a trophy wife but many trophy girlfriends, now I laugh about it I have a hotter and way better personality boyfriend whose caring and sweet then they ever could be...

Posted by: Maizyday2 ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 06:24PM

I haven't been replaced by a trophy wife, BUT my cousin used to travel the world for his work and lo-and-behold, he snagged himself a South American hottie, too. She was much,much younger than him and, although he's a nice guy, he's pretty ordinary in the looks department. At a family reunion, he was there with his Latina chica in a mini-skirt. She had left a young daughter behind in Brazil, too. Guess how long that marriage lasted? Not. Long. At. All. I'm not sure if she ever attained citizenship or not, but she a distant memory for him and the rest of the family.
So.... I'm just sayin' - it isn't likely to last very long. If that's any consolation for you.

Posted by: ЯightisMight ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 08:43PM

Any wife that doesn't stay on her A game should be replaced.

Date: November 17, 2016 08:53PM

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 02:32AM

Date: November 18, 2016 09:41AM

You'd better make well over six figures and look like Channing Tatum and that's fair. ;)

Date: November 19, 2016 09:06PM

Posted by: Betty G ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 10:49PM

I've been blessed to have (as far as I know) a faithful partner.

If they ever strayed, however, I'd be tempted to blast them with a shotgun.

Don't mess with a Southerner!

Posted by: guaranteed ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 01:36AM

It'll last 2 years after she gets to the US, the exact time it takes to get a PR card without conditions attached. Then if he's really dumb (as many who do it once are) he'll go back and get a 2nd trophy, and so it continues. Sad man.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 02:14AM

This was a woman my ex worked with. I suspected within a very short time of his transfer to that office that there was something going on. He talked to her on the phone more often than he talked to his other employees.

He insisted that we go out as a foursome with her and her then-husband.

She and her husband got divorced, and the now-ex became the Swamp Thing's shoulder to cry on.

They began having LONG phone conversations, starting at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning. (By then, I didn't really care. He and I were not doing well.)

She had a drinking problem and eventually got fired. She moved in with us (at ex's invitation, not mine) "just until she gets another job." That was in 1986 and they are still together. I moved out.

I remember my ex telling me, "With both of us working full time, we need a wife - you know, somebody that could do the cooking and cleaning during the day." And I wondered when I would start hearing the notes of the "Twilight Zone" music.

What really ate at my ego was the fact that I could NOT understand what she had going for her. She was NOT attractive, and no amount of make-up or cosmetic surgery could help. She was not intelligent, and couldn't sustain an interesting conversation to save her life. Not even a blind person could mistake her for a "Trophy."

I refer to her as the "Swamp Thing" because she was hatched in Bayou Country, Louisiana.

I moved to a different state with my job, met Mr. Wonderful, and have been happily married for 25 years now.

Posted by: Maizyday2 ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 02:26AM

Lol! Thanks for the laugh!

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 03:43AM

Know what, Shannon?

That Brazillian Trophy Wife will keep your brute of an ex-husband occupied. He can stalk her, dominate her, fight with her, and ride on that emotional roller-coaster with her--and leave you the Hell alone.

My ex left me for a trophy wife, two years before he bothered to tell me about her. Three days after Christmas, he told me over the phone, that he didn't want a family anymore. He was leaving our children, along with me--divorcing our whole family. He didn't see or contact us for 4 years. (Yes, I don't want my ex back, either! Yuck!) I sued for as much child support as we could get out of him, but he evaded that. His family told me that the trophy wife was after his money, and she has it--including any share that his children might have had.

You can have a good laugh about your ex-husband's parents (if they're still alive) and relatives, and what he's putting them through. The downside is that your children are effected by this.

There are several ironies, in my case. My in-laws blamed me for the divorce, until my son found out that my ex had cheated on me for many years, with many different women, and we had proof. But it was too late. Right after my ex said he was divorcing me (us), my TBM mother-in-law called me and said, "I hear you are divorcing my son. I hope you don't expect any help from us." They dis-inherited my children, (who were their blood grandchildren) and saw them only a few times, after that. We were still Mormons, but not temple-sealed. I got the blame for that, too, but it was my ex who left the cult first. My own parents stood by us, gave us love and comfort, and became like second parents to my kids--we were very blessed as a family! My children are happy, successful adults. What a joy it was to raise them!

My in-laws festered in hatred and blame, and bad things happened to their other grandchildren, and my ex's siblings. My father-in-law committed suicide. Really horrible things.

The point is, that while your ex is occupied elsewhere, YOU and your children will be living a real life, full of excitement, adventure, learning, growing up, and loving each other!

Secretly, I'm grateful to my ex's Trophy Wife, for putting up with his verbal abuse, criticism, racism, narcissism, and passive-aggressive hatred and anger. She has deflected it away from my children. My ex constantly complains about her and tears her down. I hope Trophy lives a long life--long enough to take care of my children's father through old age and illnesses and death--so my children won't have to! The Trophy wife has earned every penny of his money, the hard way. I'd rather work at a job.

Posted by: under cover lover ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 04:04AM

Hmmmm.... I think of myself as the Trophy Wife! ;)

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 09:51AM

My wife is a trophy wife. Sick or not, she's smokin' hot. She's the original model, though, and didn't replace anyone.

Date: November 18, 2016 01:29PM

That's actually pretty cute :)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 02:23PM

where do I get one of these "trophy wives" ?

Date: November 19, 2016 05:13PM

This thread is making me laugh because I'm actually 17 years younger than my husband. Yikes, am I a trophy wife? Didn't replace anybody though.

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 08:50PM

Married the farm girl next door. 40 plus years later she is still a trophy wife to me. Could not have asked for a better mate. After 40 plus years I think she is beginning to like. me. Maybe I am wearing her down?

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 01:26PM

I was replaced by trophy hookers, does that count? My kids couldn't figure out how their 300+ lb. dad was getting all these skinny, cute, young "girlfriends." Well, he pissed the wrong "girlfriend" off and she spilled all kinds of stuff about him on a Backpage site where hookers warn other hookers of dangerous clients. She even posted his picture and where he worked. Someone tipped me off to it. But he's still a mormon in good standing.

Date: November 21, 2016 01:30PM

You win, for sure! Wow.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 09:09PM

Yikes!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.