Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: May 12, 2011 09:12PM

I actually had interaction with my family this past week.

My aunt apparently is trying to do some sort of thing recording all of my grandparents posterity, and so asked her sisters for the names and birth dates of their grandchildren. My mom sent her an email back (which she also forwarded to me)explaining that she didn't know her SIL or DIL's birthdays, or those of her only two grandchildren. She doesn't even know their full names!!!

I would find it funny if it weren't so painful. Just one more reason to stay away from my family....how can they claim to know what's best for my kids when they know NOTHING about them??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: May 12, 2011 09:25PM

Ouch! Pyschological pain can be the worst. You have my sympathy, vasalissasdoll.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 12:19AM

Pathetic....horrible....outrageous. Yes, your immediate family is not family at all. So sorry for your misfortune. But hey, let them live in their sheltered world and miss out on loved ones they could be enjoying. Other people deserve your attention - not them.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 01:20PM

geeshh....

That is mind boggling....

i'm really sorry..

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 01:56PM

Repeat offenders are not entitled.

My family flat-out refused to attend our wedding. They were given more than enough notice. We specifically requested no gifts. We were to pay for everything. All we asked is that they attend. Beloved nevermo spouse's family also refused to attend. It was fairly insulting and hurt a lot. Eventually, we got over it. Still, we never forgot.

Twenty-eight years later, I get an email from my mom requestion the date and location of our union. Not because she cared or anything, mind you. She just needed the info to satisfy one of her grandson's mission requirements. It pissed me off pretty bad, so instead of giving her the information, I offered her a nice warm cup of F**k You!

All about family my a**! ... Its all about putting the cult and its needs ahead of your own flesh and blood.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 01:56PM by Timothy.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 05:18PM

I cut off all contact less then a year ago, so it's still in those early phases.

I don't regret it. This is just one more out of many reasons that I've felt like my parents were more interested in using my children to try to control me then they were in actually being a part of their lives.

Even before I cut them off, they'd only ever seen my children a handful of times, and were very rude about how they weren't being given firm enough limits. They never sent them presents at holidays...or offered to help when we were struggling. No...they just wanted an excuse to force me to return home to live with them, bringing my kids with me so that they'd be raised "properly".

I have to remember that when I feel like I want to patch things up.

My bet is things like you mention, Timothy, are going to be cropping up every few years for a long time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.