Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 07:33AM

My most zealous Mormon FB friend posted this 5 minutes ago.

"Pain from a simple little kidney stone is such a good reminder of what the Savior suffered for me. So grateful and humbled at the love Jesus has for me. I stand all amazed..."

If that is a good reminder how much better would something more painful me?

Seriously, the whole grafting in all Mormon pain and suffering into Jesus saving them is so inhumane.

Mormons worship families and the pain they cause probably along the same lines as this reasoning. Jesus pains. Then he saves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 07:53AM

With a kidney stone, wouldn't it be more like, "I double over in agony . . .all amazed"?

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 08:49AM

Jesus was Martyr-in-Chief.

Mormons are Mini-Martyrs!

Posted by: rock on ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 08:54AM

Why, just yesterday, the lawd blessed me with that special feeling of hydronephrosis, and my piss-poor reaction was not one of gratitude, but of survival. Trying not to scream, trying not to pass out, trying to get my other leg in the car so I could drive home.

I forgot to thank (or curse) jesus for this, but I remember wondering if the lime that builds up around faucets could lump up in me, and if that's why the last time it happened, the nephrologist told me to go heavy on lemons and lemonade (which I did).

Now I only think, I'm not a Mr. Coffee, so the lemonade must not have worked. I don't see how nailing humans to crosses at the city limits at would have helped at all.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:04AM

I think it was brigham who said he'd reached a point in his life when he was asking the lord for more afflictions. Because only through suffering can we become more divine.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:47AM

He got what he asked for in the last week of his life.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:45AM

How much of a "sacrifice" is it to "give up your life" knowing ahead of time that in 3 days, you'll be resurrected, never suffer pain again, and be zoomed up into heaven to rule as god?

That's no sacrifice.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:16PM

Xactly!

Besides, he didn't really die. If he did, he'd be dead. Dead means dead.

It's a real eye-roller when a Christian says, "He DIED for you" one second and "He LIVES" the next.

It's like they don't get that if someone dies for you, like, say a soldier, he's actually dead. No "Just kidding, I'm not really dead" three days later.

Date: November 17, 2016 09:18PM

Jesus, did you know, your baby brain would someday be resurrected?

Reminded me of the carol about Mary and what she knew.

I wonder what believers think Jesus knew? That he would hit a wall of pain and shame that was supposed to help other people? I mean, really?

Like how can your own suffering help you if you are "righteous"??? To understand how impossible to experience pain feels? Like God is giving you are reminder through pain to help people like Jesus did? It isn't even the same pain which I assume is from the effects of sinning. Did you get a Kidney Stone from sinning? Is this something The Word of Wisdom could have helped if you really did follow it?

Salvation through pain is definitely a Mormon thing. Mormons have to be their own mini-saviors and suffer for their own sins that they didn't offload to Jesus.

Date: November 21, 2016 10:41PM

Update: He posted a couple of pictures of him in a hospital bed in what looks like a hospital before "going under."

No mention of for what but lots of comments about getting drugged for it including his #blahblahdrugs or something involving drugs. Like why this is even a thing? Did he say stupid and funny things before the meds? I'm assuming it is his kidney stone.

But I thought this was funny. His mother posted this to one of these pictures.

"You missed a wonderfull funeral, but glad you're getting this over with."

You missed a funeral but glad you are having that operation?

We are in our 40s!

Ah, now I know why we were friends at 3 years old. Our mothers were good friends then.

Date: November 22, 2016 08:54AM

I still tripping. What mother mentions a funeral to their child going under the knife. No mommy dearest!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 11:27PM

Mormons wear hair shirts inside their heads. They feel that they are constantly under attack by the adversary. A flat tire is the work of the adversary. I've heard it said. The failure of a stupid, hard-headed Mormon man is from Satan. Then they say crap like, "I stand all amazed." no wonder people think they're strange. I do.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 11:48PM

"Mormons wear hair shirts inside their heads."

What a hoot, donbagley, as my country friend would say.

I pictured this literally and it is so very funny.

Date: November 22, 2016 08:53AM

And those hair shirts are really strands of their ancestor's DNA floating around in their heads like a virus pestering them with the Mormon meme to get their whol lineage right with Mormon Jesus.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 11:56PM

I find torture and human sacrifice icky. I find the idea of transferring punishment from the "guilty" to the innocent to be exceedingly unjust.

Christianity just makes no sense at all to me and feels very repellent now that I have grown up and thought deeply about it.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 08:59AM

Yeah..no doubt Mormons are very weird that way. I haven't completely left Mormonism though. The other day my son and I were framing a wall, and I hit my finger with a hammer. I cried out, "Jesus Christ!!!", and just saying it made my pain feel better as I transferred the pain into his comprehensive sacrifice for me. Is that how it works?

Date: November 22, 2016 09:01AM

Exmoron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that how it
> works?

LOL. Jesus just now sighed for you.

Posted by: applesauce ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 09:46AM

Yes, Jesus's teachings were pretty spot on, about not judging people, and loving your neighbor, etc, etc, but I don't think he really died for anyone. He pissed everyone off on both sides of the isle, and they put him to death for it. I'm sure many many many others died in the same fashion, except Jesus's case was well documented.

Jesus "dying for my sins" always made me think of Jesus being a scapegoat. Jesus died, so I am free and clear. It makes no sense at all.

As for suffering pain, and attributing to Jesus's pain? That's just wacky. Jesus's pain didn't stop everyone else's pain. We are all 7 billion of us in some sort of pain at some time of our lives. I don't think Jesus is anything special for it. I've been in pain a few times in my life (had 2 kids, need I say more?) and I didn't sit there thinking, well, I guess Jesus had it worse. WHATEVER!!!!

Sorry, this post made me mad, so I ranted. applesauce

Date: November 22, 2016 10:30PM

applesauce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure many
> many many others died in the same fashion, except
> Jesus's case was well documented.

Not really well documented. He just had better marketers than other martyrs who died in similar fashions.

> Sorry, this post made me mad, so I ranted.
> applesauce

Don't be sorry. I made me sad. Sad that Mormons take pain as pointing to their savior. Man is that he might have joy? And pain to remember Jesus was than Jesus might have pain?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.