Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 05:42PM

Since early Monday of this week we have had 493002 reads on this board. That is 493002 distinct clicks - nearly a half a million reads in less than 4 days just on the board. The most popular posts so far this week are at well over 1000 clicks each. An example: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1905359 is over 1000 reads or views since Monday and it was on Steve Young taking a wife.

I am just mentioning this as I reference some frustration in http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1905991 where I am being threatened with a lawsuit. Since we are highly visible, please be careful in your postings. We had to delete one a few minutes ago that was a personal attack. We are going to add a new admin or two this weekend after review. A few folks have volunteered and I greatly appreciate it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 05:47PM

Thanks for all you do.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 06:03PM

Thanks, Erik.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 07:07PM

This is why I seldom worry about whether an OP is a troll or not. The advice that we give can apply to many readers of this board.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:10PM

I've seen many trolls come and go exmo.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:28PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen many trolls come and go exmo.

This board is incredibly eye-opening and educational...plus it is often intensely interesting...and it is often fun, too!!!

Those who come here to educate US on THEIR feelings or facts frequently discover later that this-or-that factoid (or clever joke!), has slipped in sideways, through previously-unknown gaps in their depended-upon heavy faith armor.

They come back...they read...and that causes them to think...and then they begin perceiving in ways unknown to them before. (It's a 21st century version of "How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down On The Farm, After They've Seen Pa-reeeeeeeee??")

Weeks, or months, or even years later...Voila!!!

A newly-minted exmo hesitantly steps out, into new light...and beyond the shards of their now-shattered, previous shell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyx3E5gnQY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 11:07PM by Tevai.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 04:13PM

It is a tribute to Mormonism's cult ways that so many Mormon trolls are so uninformed. It is funny how Mormon apologists think Mormons have all the cards on their Celestial tables.

Posted by: Kathleen nli ( )
Date: November 17, 2016 09:13PM

Thank you, Eric!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 07:55PM

Thanks Eric! You and the mods rock. If I'v ever posted anything actionable please email me to set me straight.

RB

Posted by: crunchynevmo ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 04:26PM

pitiful, how thin skinned folks are...to threaten you with a lawsuit if they get their feelings hurt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.