Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 01:10PM

You Have To See These Abandoned Mall Pics

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/you-have-to-see-these-abandoned-mall-pics/ss-AAknTTL?li=BBnbcA0

Wonder if the morg's mall will end up like these pictures!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 06:36PM

I did...creepy. Looks like it was pretty swanky back in the day.

RB

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 06:53PM

I used to work near a dying mall. The anchor stores were long gone, there were a handful of small retailers on their last legs amidst dozens of empty storefronts. But the food court was still open, so I'd go over for lunch from time to time.

The mall had opened a few years before to great fanfare--it was at the intersection of two freeways and everybody was gonna get rich. Then at the last minute the money for freeway exits fell through, there was no way to get to the place except by surface streets, and the writing was on the wall.

It would have been a great place to have sex, maybe up on the second level where all the stores were closed and the security guard rarely visited. Alas, the idea didn't occur to me until I'd moved to a new job...

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 11:27PM

This mall is in Chubbuck,Idaho is kinda of a ghost town.It's got lots and lots of empty spaces!! Having Wal-Mart across the street from it probably doesn't help either!

http://www.pineridgemall.com/

Posted by: charity ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 07:58PM

Used to he a mall near where I work now. Torn down, Wally World, Home Improvement, and a coat store relpaced it, smattering of fast food surrounds. A members only buying club just replaced the cinema plex less than a half mile up the same road.

http://deadmalls.com

Tens of thousands of Americans will sleep outdoors tonight.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 08:13PM

I envision that happening with the City Creek Center. Unless there's a turnaround in business, that place is already practically a ghost town.

Maybe if it was converted into a factory outlet shopping center to broaden its customer appeal and support base, that would bring it back from near extinction. As it is now it's so high end, it is not conducive to attracting the public at large.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 09:00PM

I doubt that the mighty morg's City Creek mall will ever fall into disrepair like this. They have too much money and can't afford to lose face even it means holding special fund raisers of the remaining morgbots to bail it out.

However, if it does start the downward spiral of decay, it will most likely start with adding stores similar to payday lending stores only these lending predators will target mormons who are behind in tithing and need a little loan to catch up. One fine day you will hear morgbots talking about their tithing loan payments and soon it will be paid off again. The standard loan percentage rate will be 10%. See your ward financial clerk for details.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 18, 2016 10:55PM

While I was eating lunch at City Creek Center in May I had a sort of altered reality flash of how it will look like in the future. It was deserted and barren - it looked like a bombed out structure left standing lifeless and desolate.

I was simply eating my lunch, mind you, when that picture of it in the future washed over me.

It was strange, to say the least. I wonder what that image portends for the church flash forward?!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.