Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 08:00PM

I am sounding like a irrational anti-Mormon making ridiculous and laughable claims. I better chill out, behave myself, stop exaggerating and over-generalizing, and stick to the facts. Here I go:

This last week at an LDS chapel in the Phoenix, Arizona area, it was discovered that a homeless women had been living in the building for several weeks. When the church-house was empty, she could go anywhere and had the whole place to herself. When people came for meetings and activities, she would hide in various nooks and crannies until they left, or leave the building for awhile. This homeless woman had bedbugs in her possessions and/or clothing, and it is thought that the church building now has bedbugs. Especially this one couch in the lobby which was her favorite place to sleep.

The people in the three wards which use this building are quite alarmed. Bedbug bites are a horrible thing. For many people, they itch much worse than mosquito bites and last longer. Fighting against bedbug infestation is often a very expensive, time-consuming, labor-intensive, ineffectual battle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 08:04PM

Are they thinking of making Bedbug lady leave? I hope not! It wouldn't be very christian...

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 08:13PM

"It wouldn't be very christian..."

Which is why they'll kick her out.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 09:06PM

We had bedbugs once. It was expensive and took about a year before we were bug free. We brought them home from a trip to South Dakota. We have since developed a whole new travel routine that has greatly reduced the likelihood of us reinfesting ourselves and our house. They are not fun and I would not want to go to any of those wards. Hell, I don't want to go to any ward!

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 09:08PM

I hope they take their turn scrubbing the toilets!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 09:35PM

The bedbugs go home with you in your clothing. Then they infest your home. It's a horrible, expensive procedure to get rid of them.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 10:04PM

I think bedbugs would make good Mormons. For blood sucking parasites, they are prolific breeders. Can they be converted?

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 03:18PM

LMAO..hahah. Yes they can be converted, but retention is poor because they culture demands multiple sexual partners.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 08:45PM

...and they don't have arms they can raise to the square, nor fingers with which to do the patriarchal grips.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 11:59PM

And where did the bug infested couch end up?

At the local DI of course!

Do you think the lucky folks that got a great deal on the used couch were told of the its story? ~Doubtful

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 07:00AM

Upwardly mobile Mormons (which they all fancy themselves to be) wouldn't consider purchasing furniture at DI on a dare.

Bedbugs are for the poor, be they Mormon or otherwise. We don't have roaches, those are water bugs.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 07:46AM

But I DO have water bugs! And no, they do not infest my house.They are outside insects, and walk in under the weatherstripping. They're ugly, but harmless. I ask them to leave, but they don't. My cat used to kill them, but now only plays with them. So I either stomp them, which makes a mess, or vacuum them up with the HandVac, which they sometimes escape. They are actually named "palmetto bugs," and I'm only a mile from the border with South Carolina, the Palmetto State. I have written authorities in Columbia, complaining that some of their goddamn bugs are making it across the border into my house, and have demanded that state authorities do something. I have not heard back, but it has only been two years, and perhaps I should give it more time due to bureaucracy.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 08:02AM

Are they missionary water bugs? Look for little name tags and note whether they came in pairs. These critters are neat freaks but not housebroken. Scriptures might come in handy. I'd give them a good Bible Belt.

Posted by: Dennis Moore nli ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 02:51PM

OMFG- hilarious!!! Damn gobment for not getting back to you!

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 03:26PM

A very good possibility. Why? I hate to say it, but missionaries go after the poor because of a higher probability of baptism. One time, my elderly mother was assigned to "fellowship" a lady that the mishe's had been teaching. They asked her to sit by the poor woman at church, etc. The first time she sat by the lady, my mother noticed cock roaches crawling out of her purse during the sacrament meeting. My mother motioned to the lady what she was seeing. The lady simply grabbed one cock roach in a Kleenex, squeezed, and went on like nothing happened. Problem was, my mother saw a least 10 cock roaches scurry out of her purse and onto the chapel floor. The lady simply carried on like nothing had happened.

Another time, we had there was this guy in our ward who was a dirty guy to put it bluntly. He smelled and had a beard. Family was sort of like that too. They infested the ward w/ lice over a month period. It was a big deal. Lot's of people infected.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 10:30PM

That's plain creepy, between the lice and cockroaches. And a health hazard.

Posted by: excatholic ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 03:28PM

Of course, you might just pick up bedbugs at one of those nice Marriott hotels.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 08:50PM

Great story! That woman had it figured out.

Wonder if they will install cameras or alarms if this kind of thing continues to happen.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 08:59PM

Now you all are making me itch!! I've been in a motel/hotel for 22 days straight now, and I feel lucky I have not dealt with either bug, yet.

My dog has fleas I think though cause we are in Missouri, but nothing else.

My bff in her ward, or neighborhood, since it's in Utah, has had several bouts with lice going through her neighborhood. YOu figue these kids play together, go to church together, got to school together, so what comes around goes around.

Yuck. that is disgusting though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.