Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 11:48PM

First, we are in KCMO. Actually in a motel in Kearney. For a week now.

So, this brings up the first major issue. My son is not going to start working until he returns to KCMO from Utah after thanksgiving. He is going to work for magna international through a temp service, has the job guaranteed, but because of the process they have, can't get a letter till he gets back.

This has prevented us from getting an apartment.

He has decent credit, I have crappy credit. But the biggest issue is I have 1,000 monthly income. So until he has the job we can't show the minimum they require. I have had money to pay a couple months rent and deposit too, but am now running out paying for motels since Halloween.

We even had his birthfather co-sign, but something weird happened and he didn't qualify. I think it's because he is buying a new house with girlfriend while still married to his wife, and it's a community property state. But it disqualified him.

So we are living in the shit hotel, spending money meant for plates and beds and such, and now kicking into rent money.

Does anyone have any ideas/ Looked at craigslist, and nothing we can afford. We have two dogs, one a service dog, one traiingt to be so, but a pup. They are house-trained and everything, but not perfect but pretty good.

No smoking, drinking, parties. Yeah, I'm boring and if my son is going to do any of that he has oterh places.

We are trying to stay in the liberty area because that is where family is, plus the air quality is better than south.

So it sucks.

The other issue which really pisses me off is my sons uncle. He has been inactive many years, but has started going to a singles ward, and now my son is here so he has invited him. My son loves this uncle and they get along great, but he has gone to two sacraments and now going to singles fhe.

It makes me mad. yeah, yeah, not my business, etc. So I am anti-mo. My son knows better, but this uncle he adores.

So I'm worried. Also, what is the age breakdown nowadays for singles wards? My son is 19, his uncle in a bit older ccategory. Shouldn't they be in different wards byt his point? Oh my gosh, he could find a young Mormon girl and fall in love. Shit. Oh, and I found out that his uncles extended family, some are mo's and some jw. I can't win.

So I am stressed. Going broke. But I have a bed, my two dogs, and my 2006 town and country got us here and for now is still running. So I can't totally complain. I have lots to be grateful for. I would love an aparmtment though. We thought we had it, and then, bam. No. I was already picking out towels. and yet I am still grateful to be out of Utah. yes, it's true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.