Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mistymemories ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 01:24AM

Well word is getting around..my husband is getting emails, I am getting concerned calls, invites to the movies..SP emailed my husband with caution at end of email..to not let himself get too far way.. and that he is in a weakened state,like something bad is going to happen to him. Is this what love bombing is??? Now I am starting to feel annoyed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 01:32AM

Annoying none the less, but mild.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 01:32AM

mistym, somewhat naive' about lds but it sounds to myself if you are about to begin being love-bombed or your husband and yourself withdrawing from the church maybe b/c of your husband being a higher up, they are somewhat threatened. Dont know, maybe someone else can answer more about that. myself ALMOST becoming lds, i've had 4 guys come to my door from lds mission and began singing. There are so many different ways that they love-bomb for certain. I love hearing any stories of lds you and the mister wish to share.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 12:49PM

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 01:37AM

"and that he is in a weakened state,like something bad is going to happen to him." Making you husband responsible for the his (the SP) state? That is emotional manipulation plain and simple.

Date: May 13, 2011 01:45AM

Agreed, MJ. It almost sounds as if he's using "pity" to get what he wants. I guess the sp is probably being drilled, as well.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 06:59AM

We were mortified. We left never to come back.

Is this important? I dunno. Just sayin'.

Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 07:36AM

That's reversed love bombing.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 10:08AM

Funny how they have to make you "sick" if you leave, like you are physically ill, in a "weakened" state. Best of luck with the coming love bombing...

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 10:26AM

Trying to scare him, huh??? Something bad is about to happen, huh? They are so manipulative. I feel bad that you have to deal with such horrible people. Well, he is one person you won't care to lose as a friend ifhe ever was one. He is just plain mean.These a real toxic individuals. Run, escape, do whatever to make sure you are far far away from all of them.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 10:46AM

Go to their church or something bad might happen. What's that supposed to mean? Creepy.

I used to get caught off guard by the out-of-the-blue phone calls with sternly worded invitations to Mormon meetings. "No, I'm really not interested, but thanks anyway." Shock, surprise, maybe even crying. "Have to go, bye." Argh.

Date: May 13, 2011 12:09PM

when i postponed my baptism and they stopped by there were accusations in which the devil was getting me to change my mind and there was also a tear.

Posted by: Happy&Free ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 12:46PM

Ah the threats. Yawn. When I left my dear Priesthood leader said I may as well feed my children to the wolves, as they would no longer have the protection of the Priesthood.

Yeah, that's going to sell the idea of God to me, any "God" who would start punishing me through my sweet little girls can quite frankly go to hell (if it existed).

Nothing bad will happen that wouldn't have happened anyway. Free yourself from their voodoo!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.