Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jigglypuff ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 07:03PM

My uncle started this devotion thing at a family gathering. He got a leave from his mission to be sealed and baptize my grandpa post-mordum. I am sick about it because it's such a slap in the face to him. Anyway, he starts talking about the humanitarian fund that the church is collecting for its needy prospects so that they are able to hear the gospel because their temporal needs are met. I'm thinking gee why doesn't the church use its farms and ranches and feed people instead of getting more money from people. Then one of my cousins says oh yea we had our bishop talk to us about giving money to this during tithing settlement. So we talked to our kids about giving to it too. What about fast offerings? My uncle is saying the church doesn't take tithing money to do all the humanitarian work they do. It's all from the fund. It's so misleading because they had to get money from tithing at some point to build the extra businesses and industries, etc. of the empire. The sheeple are so blind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 07:04PM by jigglypuff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 07:18PM

Whenever they say, Oh they don't use tithing money! I always think, yea, it's not YESTERDAY'S tithing money.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 07:22PM

LDS inc launders it's own money through itself.

Yea, that ain't tithing money, it is revenue from our skating rink.

Their insistence is proof that they are the lovable looser and not purposeful crook.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.