Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 10:44PM

I was looking at some wedding pictures one of the girls I went to school with (K thru 12) had posted of her daughters wedding. At first I noticed the bride's tats and then something in the background caught my eye. There was ugly carpet about 1/3 of the way up the wall and a board (chair rail?). I suddenly realized the wedding was in a Mormon Relief Society Room. My friend is a born again in your face Christian so a wedding in a Mormon RS was a surprise.

I expect the marriage is doomed. I asked about the building and was told the groom's family is Mormon and insisted their Bishop preform the wedding. I wonder how the tats on the bride went over with the grooms family.

What an ugly place to get married.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 10:45PM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 10:54PM

If they are smart they will go on a nice honeymoon and have a ceremony someplace exotic all by themselves with some fun natives as witnesses. That's what I'd do. And I'd call that the REAL wedding. They could get a second wedding certificate and throw away the first one.

I remember an argument I had with a TBM who told me my dream wedding plans were all wrong because "You don't have the wedding for yourself, you have it for your family". Yuck! I believe the wedding is for the couple. The reception can be for the friends and family if you want to give any concessions for that kind of thinking (I wouldn't) but at least the wedding should be the way the couple wants it. How awful to remember: "Oh, yeah kids. We had the most awful wedding in a Mormon RS room. We had twinkies and Kool-Aid at the reception. That's how Daddy's parents wanted it." Yeah, right!!

Better scenario: "We did some silly thing in a Mormon church to make Dad's parents happy and then went to Bali where we were married on the beach, in the moonlight, and had a blow-out party with the locals."

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 12:23AM

Has there ever been a beautiful wedding in any Relief Society Room?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.