Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 12:55AM

Have you ever noticed how on the last Sunday of the month your assigned friends from Cult Inc try their best to be your bud and visit you? Home Teachers, Visiting Teachers, etc. They leave notes and fruit baskets also.

Only on the last Sunday of the month.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 06:42AM

So, we talked before about how my wife, the RS president, could use some support right now. Problem is, she has not received a visit in months, and even though we're 2,000 miles from Utah, her home teacher is our neighbor over the back fence. He's an active HP, but never even asks what's going on. Fine by me, personally, but if he's DW's HT, he should show up now and again, and at least act like he is interested in her welfare.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 07:19AM

It may be your HT is in the throes of his own spiritual apostasy from TSCC.

One just never really knows without walking in someone else's mocassins.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 08:27AM

The Savannah River's got moccasins. I just saw a very young one yesterday.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 09:08AM

They can't get their blessings unless they look like they care.

I know the old guys at GC say they care. They must, because the lawd's most awesome anointed would never lie.

Posted by: NYCGal ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 09:41AM

I noticed and resented this when it happened to my parents. My father was in the beginning to mid stages of dementia and my mom was dealing heroically with that.

Although she and my dad were not attending church at that point, mom was honored that a wealthy and well-respected couple in the ward visited them every month. It gave her some diversion from the overwhelming tasks. Although I resigned years ago, I was gratified that the ward seemed to be trying to watch out for my elderly parents in some small way.

Of course, once the couple was released from their calling, they dropped my parents like hot potatoes. They never showed up again.

"They can't get their blessings unless they look like they care." So true.

Posted by: applesauce ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 09:58AM

I had a VT that called me on the 30th, wanting to see me on the 31st. I had never met her in my life. I was so ON to her that I messed with her for a few minutes....

I said, I'm sorry, I'm not available on the 31st, but I am wide open all next week. She says "but....but....but...can't I just pop in tomorrow for a few minutes?" I said, I'm sorry, I have a bunch of things scheduled for tomorrow, but you can visit me any time between the 1st and the 7th. She was all frustrated and hung up. We went out to dinner on the 31st, treat for me, and I wasn't home in case my VT, who KNEW BETTER what to do for my salvation, decided to show up anyway uninvited, so she could make me down as "DONE".

I honestly think that the VT and HT get away with this type of behavior because the members fall for it too. "I must accommodate this person's lack of planning because I don't want to be the reason she doesn't obey!"

This is nuts! applesauce

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.