Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 06:50AM

So I just barely posted about damned home teachers not showing up to support DW who is in a crisis, even though her HT lives in the house right behind us. I think now I'm going to log a complaint with ward leadership, but don't want to show up in person. Besides, I'd go into a diatribe and say things like "shit" and "goddaman' right in the building. How do I find the goddamned bishop? I've looked on all the LDS sites to find phone numbers and names, but everything seems to either be devoid of useful information, or requires a log-in. It's like they are trying to withhold simple information. What am I doing wrong? Are there better sites to go to?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 07:25AM

Location information isn't as accessible as it once was. Why do the ward leaders now go incognito? Is it because they have so many more enemies to be afraid of, I wonder?

If you really want to get through though with a message for a callback, try leaving a phone message on a recording at the local ward phone #, or whatever contact # there is in the phone book for your area.

Also, stopping by your neighbor's house to politely let him know of your wife's distress would not be unheard of. I'm sure he would respond to that in kindness, if given the chance.

I mentioned on the other thread about this same problem, is that perhaps your HT is having a faith crisis of his own you may not even be aware of? He may still be a mensch, but having a faith crisis given the current climate the church finds itself in, is really not all that unusual.

I'd go easy on him, if I were you. Without more information on what he's going through, it could be anyone's guess. We all have crosses to carry, of some kind or another.

Most of us who left TSCC were actively involved with ward callings and such until life called us in other directions, and our personal "apostasy" drew us out from the cult/fringe religion. He could be going through one of his own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2016 07:28AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 05:28PM

You are a kind and understanding a person, Amyjo. It was thoughtful of you to have presented an opinion of this HT without trying to castigate him for being remiss in his calling. I think my own home teaching was one of the first of my PH duties to suffer when I started to question the church.

Posted by: Tyrrhenia ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 07:33AM

Ehm, I think the easiest would be ask your wife! But I understand if she doesn't want to reveal such confidential information.

Does she have a ward phone list somewhere? Does she receive some sort of monthly ward bulletin? I tell you, because my DH for example has a ward phone list, though it might not help if you don't know the name of the bishop; sometimes he comes home from the meetings with a ward bulletin and the name of the bishop is on it, maybe her ward prints something like this once a month?!

Date: November 22, 2016 08:24AM

I'll look. She might just get it from a computer site. I usually stay out of her business, but she's distressed and there are no Mormons in sight.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 08:51AM

Call 1-800-453-3860 and ask for "maps and boundaries". Give them your address (or your next door neighbor's address if you're paranoid). They will give you the Bishop's name and phone number.

I got that number and procedure when I was on my mission in the 80's. They never ask who you are when you call. I once used that method to get someone served in a lawsuit. After I found their Bishop, I gave the Bishop a choice. Either he put them in touch the process server or I would show up at his sacrament meeting with a police officer and have them served in the chapel if necessary. He chose to cooperate. I also used that method to find my Bishop when I resigned my church membership too.

Date: November 22, 2016 09:48AM

Clever you are.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 10:00AM

Your wife is the Relief Society president, her son is having major brain surgery and the goddamn home teachers don't even show up? Let alone the bishop? What. The. Fuck?

Date: November 22, 2016 10:37AM

Because Mormon.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 12:10PM

I know. Things like that shouldn't blow my mind. But they do. You do need to have a come-to-Jeezus talk with that guy.

Posted by: tutu ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 01:20PM

I snagged one of the ward "bulletins" when visiting my Dad....
It had the weekly events plus a list of contact numbers.

I'm so disappointed in his ward. He's old....98 and drives himself to church by choice. But it sure would be nice if more than HT would visit him. Once in a blue moon he's invited to a special meeting & dinner......and member picks him up. But come on how long has this man been paying tithing????? All his life he has paid & continues to pay.

He should be the honorary Great Grandfather will privileges. But no he's barely called or visited.

YES I'm bitter.

It's not about me.........and we've had to beg for special blessings before surgeries.....his request.

And food? Not much was ever given him during any illness.

But we always hear that the Mormons take care of their members.

HAHA

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 22, 2016 01:40PM

I hope he arranges for the help your wife needs.

I don't know how to help you since I've only put out effort trying to repel bishops and HTers, never asking for their help.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.