Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: November 28, 2016 11:42AM

Q: What would you do if god shows up tomorrow??? (Implying that I would grovel and beg for forgiveness for rejecting mormonism and religion).

A: NOTHING!!! I figure if god exists he'll be disgusted and horrified at religion just like I am.

Q: How would you feel if one of your kids came back to mormonism?
A: Probably the same way YOU would feel if one of your kids became a Jehovah's Witness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 28, 2016 12:02PM

Q: What would God have to do to convince you the church is true?
A: He'd have to appear "in the flesh" before me and a large group of disinterested observers (i.e.; not just friends and relatives); with the golden plates in hand and demonstrating that he is truly omniscient and omnipotent.

Q: God's only appeared to a handful of prophets who were worthy to be in his presence. Are you saying you are more worthy than Joseph Smith?
A: Oh, hell yes! Joseph Smith wasn't worthy for an audience with God; an audience that only Joseph Smith was a witness to.

Q: Do you believe God gave Joseph Smith and his successors revelations?
A: No. But just for the sake of argument, even if they did receive revelation, it is nothing but hearsay for anybody who did not also receive the revelation.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 05:28PM

"Q: Do you believe God gave Joseph Smith and his successors revelations?"

A: Revelation STOPPED with Joseph Smith. Name ONE revelation by a prophet after Joseph Smith....not polygamy or Blacks and the priesthood....they were manifesto/ proclamation....not revelation.

I got the deer in the headlights look from my ultra TBM father with that response.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 05:30PM

"Q: What would you do if god shows up tomorrow???"

A: I'd ask for some garlic bread to mop up the sauce on his noodley appendages.

Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: November 28, 2016 01:09PM

than anyone who claims to speak for him.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 28, 2016 07:41PM

What would I do if "god" showed up tomorrow?

Wonder which "god" it is. 'Cause it sure as hell ain't the one mormons claim exists, nor any of the other religions -- those are all self-contradictory and hence impossible.

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 02:44PM

Q: How would you respond if God appeared to you?
A: Ask him if he can smell and drink water with that huge trunk.

Posted by: USN77 ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 04:12PM

Yeah, I figure if there is a God, s/he is very unlike the gods described in any of the religions I have studied. As noted by ificouldhietokolob, the gods we usually hear about are said to behave in ways that contradict the perfect qualities they are said to possess, making them logically impossible. But if God is all-knowing and all-wise, I figure s/he won't expect any explanation from me for my actions -- possessing a perfect knowledge of my motivations. And if God is just, I expect s/he will reward critical thinkers and skeptics who live lives of integrity at least equally with believers who similarly live lives of integrity.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 04:44PM

Good answers. Mormon's rarely, if ever, ask good questions, or expect a good/ truthful answer, and so therefore rarely, if ever, grow.

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 05:06PM

Q: What would you do if god shows up tomorrow???

A: I ask for proof that s/he was God and not an imposter with attributes of God that human beings don't possess.

My problem, however, is that I don't believe that the proof is possible to provide. It is completely possible that beings exist that possess powers much greater than that of any human which mimic our conception of God. Such a being could easily appear to be God but not be.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.