Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 02:14PM

I Was just wondering if the FLDS religion proves that Mormonism is a cult? The fact that warren Jeff's has molested several of people and the fact that joseph smith was a pedophile to "multiply and replenish the earth" tells me that Mormonism is a cult because Mormon's say that sex is all wrong and use "multiply and replenish the earth" for there excuse and the fact that Mormon's do everything in secret and they say that it's all "sacred" tells me that Mormonism is a SECRET NOT "SACRED" way of being a cult and secretly doing what they want but feeling "guilty" about it and I feel like Mormonism is another excuse just to bring people down and make everyone else feel like shit when secretly they are the one's that feel like shit the most! and they want everyone to feel like shit with them--for some reason I feel like they talk about satan so much because they define satan with there religion and it seems like that satan is way more hella chill then Mormons are because it just seems like such a let-down son of a bitch ass cult with everything that I described above^^-So I was just thinking that the FLDS religion is a way of proving that Mormonism is a cult because It really seems like Warren Jeff's who has molested many people makes me think of Joseph Smith who was a pedophile rapist aka "polygamist" I-dontbelieve in polygamy for a second! And the FLDS cult proves to me that Mormonism by all means is FALSE WRONG AND DESTRUCTIVE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2016 02:29PM by sunbitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 02:41PM

It's just one of the splinters that split off from the the slightly more mainstream stem of mormonism. There are literally hundreds of mormon polygamy groups similar to FLDS. Some of them are as small as one man with two wives and a few kids. Others count hundreds of adherents. ALL of them are cults, including the main one we call "The Mormon Church" in SLC.

They are cults because of their strange rules and beliefs, their secrets and their "us versus them" attitudes, their funny underwear and their authoritarian systems.

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 02:48PM

I don't think the LDS church needs any help from the FLDS church to prove they are a cult.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 10:41PM

I hate to tell you this, but ALL religions are cults.

Varieties of mormonism are simply more controlling, more harmful ones than some of the others.

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: November 29, 2016 10:42PM

The LDS church doesn't need any help in that area.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: November 30, 2016 03:06PM

A cult by any other name is still a cult...whisky bob...roundup of 86...interesting to watch mankind...we assume naively that we are quite learned and sophisticated...the simple truth is we really are easily lead and perhaps not that bright...so much for intelligent design theory

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.