Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: maeve ( )
Date: November 30, 2016 10:35AM

Are children who die before the age of eight eligible to get dead dunked in the temple? Or does "age of accountability" also apply to the deceased and TBMs feel they don't need to baptize them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 30, 2016 10:41AM

Age of accountability is anyone who reaches the 8th birthday mark.

For those who die before, Mormonism teaches they're already saved. Hence, no need to baptize them.

True for children who may have been born under the "covenant" and died before reaching age 8. My brother and sister who died as young children are sealed to my parents, but were not baptized post-humously. Because it's not required in Mormon teachings.

Posted by: maeve ( )
Date: November 30, 2016 11:12AM

"True for children who may have been born under the "covenant" and died before reaching age 8."

Is it also true for those not born under the "covenant"?

Date: November 30, 2016 01:08PM

Correct. The same principle (inside Mormondom,) precludes any child who has not reached that "magic" age of accountability from requiring baptism to reach the Celestial Kingdom.

Any child who dies before that birthdate is automatically guaranteed a Celestial dwelling place in the hereafter.

When Mormons disguised as Native American Indians slaughtered up to 140 Men, women, and children known as the Mountain Meadows Massacre, they spared children under the age of 8 "because they were pure."

The rest they sent directly to hell by butchering them without saving them first (in their logic.) While they stripped them of all their worldly possessions to be divided up as spoils of a mass genocide.

Eventually those spared children were reunited with their extended families as orphans, after the Mormon church leaders initially parceled them out among LDS families to be "adopted" into that "tribe."

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 30, 2016 12:43PM

I think there is some uncertainty on that issue, basically because when JS was making shit up, he did not flesh this one out. When you go looking for guidance, you get confusion.

...Along with the famous "ghawd will sort it out."

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 30, 2016 01:09PM

Hypothetical--a non-Mormon couple has six children, sadly, one dies of SIDS. A couple of years later, the parents join the Mormon Church. The oldest kid is now over 18, she refuses to join. She will not be baptized or sealed to her family in this life.

The couple's 16 and 14 year old kids also join--they are baptized and after a year, will be sealed to their parents in the temple.

The couple's 10 year old child also joins the church and will be sealed to the parents in a year.

The couple had a surprise baby who is four. The child will not be baptized until she is eight, but will be sealed to her parents next year when she is five years of age.

So, here's what's going to happen at the sealing in a year (the parents and four of their children will be present)--

1. Remember that the oldest child will not be present. She refused baptism so she can't be sealed to the family in this lifetime. However AFTER she dies, in Mormonism theology, she will have a chance to hear the pure gospel and can either accept it or reject it. Because those living do not know her choice (she's DEAD), they will just baptize her for the dead, seal her to her parents (who are dead now, too) and dead-dunk someone for her husband (who is now dead) and seal them together as a couple...(all bets are off for the MARRIAGE SEALING PORTION if she legally married a woman, but NOT the baptism and sealing to her parents).

2. All the couple's other living children (including the youngest child who was not baptized) will be sealed to their parents at the sealing session in the temple.

3. The baby who died of SIDS will also be sealed, posthumously, at that sealing with a sibling of the same gender holding hands with the parents as another sealing takes place right after the sealing with the living members has taken place.

Thus, a forever family with parents and five children will be created. The oldest daughter will be shunned and made to feel shameful because she is a wanker who reject the one and only true church. But, remember, she may choose to become a member after she's dead, even if she's gay because she will be dead and know that the church was true, and she'll repent, and.........

Ironically, my TBM children may have me posthumous re-baptized and our sealing reinstated once I'm dead. And to be truthful, if I'm dead and Mormonism is true, of course, I'm going to accept it as opposed to going to outer darkness.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2016 01:21PM by BYU Boner.

Date: November 30, 2016 01:11PM

You're willing to take that risk in the hereafter, Boner?

I like your logic lol.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 30, 2016 01:32PM

Well, of course, Amyjo! When we're dead, there's going to be an EXMO Celestial Kingdom fast track class, probably taught by Joseph Smith. I'm going to be in it, you're going to be in it, everyone here will be on the fast track because we know the doctrines better than the average Mormon! And we'll be dead and know the church was true after all! There's no doubting your doubts, we won't have doubt but proof! Yes, there's that pesky free agency stuff...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2016 01:33PM by BYU Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.