Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 01:26AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2a7_TOl1JE&t=277s

"If you go back to being Mormon after being an ExMo you're....ah... nevermind....I can't say it."

"Uh, stupid?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2016 01:26AM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ohdeargoodness nli ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 01:57AM

That's very reductionist. You should know there's a very nuanced web that keeps people in, pretending and/or going back to the Church.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 08:29PM

It was hilarious.
I think there's a good reason why MORMoNs are the butt of every comedians joke about religion.
I think Making fun of religion is my obligation as a well educated human being.
I think protecting my children from the brain numbing, pure, unadulterated bullshit I was subjected to, yeah I've not only got every GD right to point out the structural faults of the Doomsday Sex Cult SS Joseph's Myth, I have moral obligation to tell everybody I know exactly why I am no longer Momron.
I did the math.
Just like I did the math on Santa Claus.
It's fine to make fun of Mormons, which is why they have "The Book of Mormon on Broadway" and not the Koran on Broadway.
If you fail to do the math is it wrong for me to call you out on your error?
Mormons can't answer 1 of my questions.
Whenever I have a debate with Mormons on social media, the open Forum of our day, I say, "I'll bet any True believing Mormon reading this $5 they cannot honestly answer one of my questions."

I've bet $1,000 and had one taker, who lied instead of answering my questions. Mormons are not above lying to save face.
None of them.

Send them my way if you find one of these rare, honest Mormons, who has no problem singing the praises of a sexual predator who raped Henry's Wife after being sent away on his 8th Mission, while Joseph stayed behind to rape Poor Henry's wife. How about change the words of "Praise To the Man" to "Poor Henry Jacobs"

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 02:33AM

True story: I have a sibling who went exmo and gave me all this literature from the Tanners. I mean tons of printouts. And this sibling is even the one who introduced me to this forum.

One day this very sibling starts yelling at me, "you blame everything on the church!" which is very Mormon indeed.

"What the Hell?" says I.

Sibling says, "I'm spiritual!"

I know this is nonsense, and I say so. "Mormon?" I ask.

"Yes," is the answer.

"When did you last attend?" I ask.

"You're grilling me!" says sib.

"You can't fool me," says I, "Mormons have to attend."

"I'm going to have to re-evaluate our relationship," says sib.

And we never speak again. True story.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 11:58AM

My ex-bro in law did something similar....he turned my ex-wife (his sister) and I onto the Tanner's work, he and his family quit church, drank beer, etc.....so did we.

As his kids grew older, he decided to go back to church, then he moved them all to Idaho, and then began to state that they never quit believing, never did this or that, etc.

Strange.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 11:50AM

I know one who won't!

Once tortured, shat on, lied to... was too much. Happiness never was wickedness (joe should know that. He was probably never TRULY happy though).

Once you leave HELL, why go back? Torture

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 02:05PM

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't go back if it meant I could have kept certain people in my life.

I met this person after I stopped believing, but I probably would have stayed in for her.

That's probably wrong on a lot of levels but it's the truth. Like someone said above, people have their reasons.

What I have a hard time believing, is that if someone decides to go back, that they truly and sincerely start believing again. I can see someone going back for a bunch of reasons, but not because they become sincerely reconverted and start believing again and Joseph Smith and all the church stuff. That sounds very far-fetched to me.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 02:31PM

Every TBM will tell you they know mormons who have left the church and come back. But they don't draw a distinction between those who went inactive--maybe even completely inactive for years and those who resigned their membership. And for those who have to get rebaptized, I'd venture that 99% of them were ex'd and didn't resign. And they are ones who were ex'd still thinking those clowns have authority over them and they need to put on their sackcloth and ashes and grovel and eventually they will be let back in.

There probably are a few, although I don't know of any personally, who willingly resigned their membership because of studying and losing all belief, who eventually went back and got rebaptized and threw themselves back into it. Most of us who have resigned would need a personal visit from God and JC and then validation from at least three mental health professionals that we really did see God and JC, before we could even consider it. Yet, we have family who still think there is a good possibility we would come back because they know people who have. They can't draw that distinction between why people leave. They keep being told it's either hurt feelings or not being strong enough to live the so-called commandments, so of course, we have to fit into one of those categories. Instead of being able to see that people in our situation DO NOT GO BACK.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 02:35PM

Although I personally have never met an EXMO who went back to Mormonism, [it prophet Babylon has happened god vent] (predictive spelling weighed in, again) it probably has happened due to the wide-variety and complexity of life's experiences. The Boner

Posted by: scootergirl57 ( )
Date: December 01, 2016 08:16PM

I went inactive for 6 years and went back. Didnt read any unapproved stuff. This time I read alot and know I will never go back.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.