Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 11:40AM

This woman rocks! Check out this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rainbow-christmas-lights-homophobia_us_5841e034e4b09e21702e991c

A Mormon family moved into an ex-Mormon's neighborhood. “She’s Mormon and heard that we were, too. My guess is that she thought we were still believers, even though my husband told her we no longer attend,” she told HuffPost. “I imagine she thought we still held the same belief about LGBTQ issues as the Church does. We absolutely do not. It’s why I left the Mormon church.”

"The neighbor went on the tell Magnusson that she moved her family to Washington to “protect her children.” Apparently the neighbor’s son was attending a high school that allowed lesbians to attend the prom together and had school assemblies where they spoke about openly about transgender acceptance. “She said that she wanted to get her children away from that sort of influence and people making that ‘lifestyle’ OK,” Magnusson explained."

She responded to her new Mormon neighbor's intolerance by putting up 10,000 rainbow-colored Christmas lights! Kudos to her for providing the cult even more free, unwanted publicity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 05:39PM

Good for her!!

This reminds me of maybe abut 15 years ago. I was going through an online catalogue for flags, looking for a nice one to put up for the Australia Day festivities.

I saw a lovely multi-coloured Aussie flag, and thought how nice it was. I had my finger on the button to buy one when the significance of it hit me. It was a gay pride Aussie flag.

I laughed and laughed, not only at my own stupidity, but what would have happened if I, a straight, divorced old lady had put one of those on my front lawn. It might have been interesting, leading to me apologising to any gay/lesbian people who would have seen it and come to chat,for misrepresenting them. Who knows? I may have made some nice new friends huh??? I think mostly my merriment was at my own lack of recognising what the flag meant, I felt REALLY behind the times!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.