Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 04:39PM

It was my birthday recently. I want to party but I have bronchitis and haven't felt like going to a bar yet

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 06:52PM

Sorry you've been ill. I've been sick myself for 2 weeks.

It's better to hold off going to the bar until you are feeling better. Be sure to drink safely and have a designated driver.

Return and report!

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 10:23PM

Think of the plains of Manitoba in the winter. That's where I was.

I'd been transferred a couple weeks earlier, so none of my mail had caught up with me. I didn't tell my comp... and of course it wasn't worthy of a call home, so my 21st came and went without a notice or comment from anyone.

A low-on-the horizon sunny day, -10 degree C, with a mild wind blowing crystal sparkles in the air. At least we were out in the plains helping a farmer doing "other non-member time" (aka goofing off) as opposed to tracting and bothering people.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 13, 2011 10:41PM

Just feel better first....and don't drink any alcohol unless you really want to. I think many Mormons and exmos think all of the nation is drinking up. Not so. I can go about 5 or 6 months sometimes without any mixed drink or beer. But then often I go weekly and feel like partying. If on vacation I will have two a night. So just do your own thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.