Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stormy's one and only ( )
Date: May 14, 2011 01:49AM

Only two more hours and my shift is overand I'm one break for one hour. I just called stormy, she told me she had posted and go and read it which I did.

I did get her flowers for Mother's Day also. But the look in her eyes when she saw the baptismal certificate was one I won't ever forget. Her religion is important to her and I sure understand that after growing up Mormon. Her pastor told me she's a devout Catholic, not just going to Mass every week but in every other way. Time, Talent and Treasure, she does it all..from the soup kitchen to pulling weeds (she hates to pull weeds)..she goes with the Deacon to the shut ins..and is a volunteer at most events...he told she lives her faith. He told me I needed to know that about her before we get remarried..I knew it already. We've had many discussions about my beliefs and how they either conincide with storm's or not. He and the Deacon took me through the entire RCIA course along with Catholicism for Dummies. Which part did I have trouble with? The Virgin Mary of course. I never did figure out what place HM had in the Mormon religion, so this was a bit foreign to me. But I figured it out and I'm comfortable with it..

I have told storm that I want her to always be as happy as she can be and I'll help her to do that...and to trust me because I'll never hurt her or let anyone else (my parents) hurt her again. I was a total jackass the first time around but not now.But every now and then, I can sense her pull away and assess everything. Can't blame but her but I'd give anything not to see that any more.

To our boys storm's has been their total world. She never denied me seeing the boys...saw them more than the divorice decree stated, like whenever I wanted to. But they want everything for her. If they even thought I would do anything to hurt storm...I'd be in big trouble, they're very protective of her. Believe me when I say she's the last person I know that needs protection. So when the boys say the Princess Wedding, that's the last word. She deserves it. After all she's marrying me again.

I know now what "Feels Like Home" means. We'll be together. Finally we'll be together.

We'll all be going out to the ranch soon...to see how Dad is doing and what mischief mom is up to...and I think it will be a perfect time for a big engagement party...give Mom something to do...yep, I can give out as good as she does.

It's quiet for a Friday night...not much need for my "trauma surgeon" hands. It turned colder, so the bad guys stayed inside.

jake

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 14, 2011 02:39AM

You are truly a kind a caring person and are putting your love for her at the top of your priority list. It is comforting to read such devotion you have. I am sure she is very much living her faith and you are on board so what could go wrong this time??? All the best and keep the story going...

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.