Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 19, 2011 09:24PM

As in given to lechery

lech·ery noun \-rē\: inordinate indulgence in sexual activity : lasciviousness

First DH says he thinks it's possible that Joe pulled the whole Book of Mormon out of his butt. Now he thinks Joe is a bit of a slut. (Hey, that rhymes). Things just get better and better around here. But he says he still thinks Mormonism is a good social program (as opposed to the one true restored gospel) and he feels good when he tries his hardest to live it. I felt that way once. I didn't believe it but thought there were still benefits to living it. Yeah, it makes no sense now as I type it. But pretty soon I could see how people were damaged by Mormonism so that leg of the stool collapsed too. DH is more indulgent of peoples' flaws and less able to see there are many better alternatives to Mormonism. Any ideas how to enlighten him? It will be interesting to see where he goes next. I'm just so happy he is listening to me about church origins and practices I could cry, even if he does still think there are benefits to church attendance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: May 19, 2011 10:17PM

Try to keep him positive in learning new concepts.. Don't try to drag him out, as he will just dig in his heels.. Praise him for all the good attributes he has and sometimes agree with him that the Church has some good characteristics. Never talk doctrine or slam the Church Leaders, because he might take that as a serious attack on him personally.

It will take a little longer, but the friction will not be as bad.

JB

Posted by: T-Rex ( )
Date: May 19, 2011 10:31PM

Your DH and my DW are saying the same stuff. DW thinks church is good place to learn morals and that it's such a part of our family histories that it would be a shame to leave it behind. I on the other hand do not think the church is a good place for the kids, and technically our family history for the 1000 years before Joe were Catholic.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: May 19, 2011 10:43PM

Your spouses are definitely on their way out. No need to rush it at all. Take your time. Life is a journey, and they're on the right path.

Posted by: chulotc is snarky ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 12:04AM

...then, when he acknowledges that there aren't any, remind him that none of those secular institutions require 10% of your income.

An extra day off plus a 10% raise might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back. :)

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 12:21AM

Go slow, and let nature take its course. It sounds like he's starting to come to his senses.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.