Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stormy's one and only ( )
Date: May 19, 2011 11:55PM

All the kids are finally asleep, I hope. The rest of the family is gone. Earlier today storm got a phone call from the principal, seems like Matt decided to ask if
all his mormon cousins could join him at school tomorrow. Next question came from Father, how many mormon cousins does he have? Do she told him, we have five of them here but they don't have to go to school with the boys. It got better. He told Father they don't know any thing about catholics so they could learn tomorrow. Well that did it. Father was laughing and said send them along. He checked with the
teachers and it was ok. So all the cousins are going to catholic school tomorrow. My sibs said go for it. Free babysitting. The real kicker is the all school Mass tomorrow. Bet they they have some interesting comments when they get home. It's a casual day at school, pay a dollar wear jeans. Guess who got to pay?

So the guys are going golfing. The girls, including my mom are going to look at wedding gowns. Storm came up with that, surprised me. My mom of so happy to be going. Some times she surprises me.

My dad offered to pay for the wedding. Told him he has no idea what this will cost. Not like a mormon wedding. But if wants to help fine. But we go to do this on our own.

These are different people than the first wedding.

We'll see how it goes.

Jake

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 12:41AM

Thanks for the updates. It is like a live soap opera, but better!

That was very nice of stormy to invite your mom to look at dresses. Your mom should be worshipping stormy's feet (I know you do, so you got the most important part covered!), based on how she treated stormy the first time around. The fact that Stormy was willing to extend that olive branch shows the true teachings of Christ, not the morgbot perverted view.

Can't wait to hear about Mormon boys in the Catholic 'hood!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:17AM

This is wonderful. Love that the kids are going to Catholic school tomorrow. If only you could see them all day with their reactions to things. Hopefully they will share some of their exciting day with you. Nice that all the ladies will go shopping for the gown. Cool. And very nice for Dad to offer to help pay for the wedding. Very cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 02:17AM by honestone.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 12:07PM

the Mass was in Latin and you had to kneel a LOT more then than now!! and your butt could not touch the back of the bench!!! one benefit of that "training" is that i now have a very strong lower back!! :) also make sure they dont take communion.....not that i care but the priest and others may!! :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 12:08PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 09:32AM

That shopping trip should be interesting. Keep us all updated. I'm really curious as to how your mother is going to act this weekend.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 09:34AM

My mom can design the cover for ya in exchange for a free copy, K?

Posted by: stormys one and only ee ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 09:58AM

Don't know about writing a book. But if we do, i'll take you up on that if we do. Who would read it?

Jake

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 10:02AM

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 09:38AM

Damn I wish I was a fly on the wall in that school today!

Meanwhile, for this weekend, go with God. You're gonna need to!

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 09:56AM

You guys are a class act and I hope the weekend is just as you want it to be.

Looking forward to the next update.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 10:05AM

It sounds like a great romantic comedy.

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 10:18AM

There seems to b e a effort, good no matter what the reason.

WE all hope for the best for you and Stormy.

Some people even w hen trying to go with a new idea ,or action will just revert to old behavior.
I hope the kids have funa nd y'all have a good weekend. It's tough when you will always have in the back of your head that you mom could go TBM-global at any point.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 10:47AM

Kudos to you Stormy! I really hope that this leads to some common ground between you two because it's obvious you're bending over backwards here and putting aside a LOT of pain to include her. When I grow up I hope I can be as mature as you are!!

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 11:58AM

I'm anxiously awaiting the "mormon-kids-go-to-catholic-school" report. Seriously, there HAS to be a sit-com plot in there somewhere.

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 12:46PM

I was so looking forward to outrageous behavior reports.

On the plus side, these folks might be better neighbors when they go back home. Exposure to other religions and cultures is usually a great thing. Tolerance is easier when you know more.

Stunted.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 12:52PM

that's an excellent way to build understanding between the kids.
Great idea!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 06:55PM

<<taps foot>> :)
i am SURE all went well!
no really i would be surprised to find out different!

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 07:53PM

stormy's one and only Wrote: [in part]
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> My dad offered to pay for the wedding. Told him
> he has no idea what this will cost. Not like a
> mormon wedding. But if wants to help fine. But we
> go to do this on our own.
>

Jake, tell your dad that he can cover the tab for all the booze at your reception! LOL!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.