Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon. In the name of George Carlin, amen. ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 10:09AM

On Facebook, has anyone else noticed how John Dehlin heaps over-the-top praise on certain people like his stake president, his bishop, an LDS guy who is a professor, etc?

A compliment is one thing and kissing someone's ass is another. Come on John, I like your podcasts, but the endless, excessive adjectives of praise (brilliant, kind, wonderful, awesome, etc) reminds me of my Mormon days when members would put their leaders up on a pedestal of worship. One word is enough, not a list of 15. Geez...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 10:13AM

I think he's trying to quash any rumors that the reason he is questioning (or whatever it is he's doing) is that he's offended, or that some mormon insulted him. I'm getting the impression that this is all part of a master plan.

Posted by: Anon. In the name of George Carlin, amen. ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 10:25AM

since the church is a corporation with plenty of red-tape and egos, I guess John feels the need to do this. However, people who engage in this overt, overly-explicit praise, show they are passive-aggressive butt kissers. John, if you're out there, I think you might appreciate some of these people, but you're coming across as a passive-aggressive politician. Example:

John Dehlin
My stake president is a kind, sincere, generous, loving man. No doubt about it.
May 12 at 10:39pm ยท

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.