Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tillamook ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 05:22AM

regarding the "rapture":

"A magical Jewish zombie wizard returning on May 21st 2011, that is completely ridiculous, absurd, silly, nonsensical, and asinine.

A magical Jewish zombie wizard returning on any other date is COMPLETELY rational".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 07:14AM

So far I have not seen a response - I mean, "excuse" - from Camping as to why his prophecy failed. Perhaps he will be on the Sunday morning news. In any case, my prediction continues to be that he will say the faithful prayers of devout Christians have spared the world. Then he will recalculate the end and move the date.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 07:16AM

nebularry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So far I have not seen a response - I mean,
> "excuse" - from Camping as to why his prophecy
> failed. Perhaps he will be on the Sunday morning
> news. In any case, my prediction continues to be
> that he will say the faithful prayers of devout
> Christians have spared the world. Then he will
> recalculate the end and move the date.

Because Camping was raptured - but god forgot to do the whole destruction thing....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2011 07:16AM by nickerickson.

Posted by: nl_gigantor ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 08:54AM

Are you really from Tillamook?

Reason I ask, was, I was there 2 weeks ago, even visited the cheese factory (and managed to smuggle back 5 lb's of good Tillamook cheddar cheese to the EU in my luggage, thank the gods). Lovely place, Tillamook is.

I'm originally from PDX, now live in NL.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 09:19AM

Tillamook is indeed a beautiful place but why you would need to smuggle Tillamook cheddar cheese to Europe when you have better cheddar cheese available from Ireland and England surprises me. All about taste, I guess.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:23AM

I read that Camping's group spent millions putting up billboards across the country and some in Israel, Jordan and Lebanon as well.

They are doing a wonderful job of demonstrating popular christian beliefs. I'm sure Christopher Hitchens is laughing his ass off, and America's reputation abroad has been enhanced.

O/T: Family Radio raised millions with this stunt; I think it is time to start taxing these organizations.

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:33AM

Being a christian..my reaction was well nobody knows the time.....certainly not that nut job

stormy

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:50PM

the exact day and time is ridiculous. And what's he using to "calculate" anyway, the alignment of the planets and stars? God is probably ROCLOL [rolling on a cloud laughing out loud].

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 03:57PM

Only a small segment of Christians even believe in the rapture. It isn't mainstream doctrine.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 04:39PM

I went to the Presbyterian church this morning. The minister got up and said, "Well, we're still all here....[long pause]...so I guess we'll just have to keep on moving along.

Everybody laughed and then got back to worship, prayer and learning.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.