Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jbugg71 ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 03:37PM

I am a NeverMo, having been raised my whole life as a Presbyterian but I grew up w/ Mormon neighbors so I am aware of Mormonism to a certain extent.

But my question is, how many members of the Mormon church actually are allowed in the temple? (Like percentage wise) And how often do Mormon's go to the temple? Is it weekly, like attending church or just a once in awhile thing to do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 03:58PM

Most of them only go to the temple a few times a year. Some of them go every month or every week if they're old and retired or in special search of truth or bragging rights.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 04:37PM

It's an interesting question. Approximately 1/2 of all "members of record" attend (according to LDS reports--but it's probably less than that). But accepting that 1/2 of the members attend, only approximately 1/2 of that figure are adults.

Of those adults, not all pay full tithing....which I have come to believe is THE essential thing in order to attend the temple--forget good works, loving one's neighbor, etc. Money is the key and total obeisance to authority.

So, let's say there are 10 million members of record, 5 million attend. There are probably about 2 million adults and of those about 1 million are temple worthy by church definition. I don't think that all those who have recommends go very often.

Last year, millions of ordinances were performed. Relatively few members performed those millions of ordinances.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.