Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 07:06PM

I decided to leave the church several years before I heard of RfM. After being a follower of the posts for a while I realized that lots of people had the same problems with the church that I did. I have learned a lot that I didn't know before about church history and some of the things that are happening today.
I didn't realize that I was questioning the church until about two weeks before I said "I don't believe this bull shit". But, I have always read anti stuff since I joined in 1970.
Now for the hairy part. I suppose this will offend quite a few of my former friends. I am
one of the very few that was baptized in the Red sea. Most of those involved will know who I am.
I am very grateful that the RfM is here. It gives me support when I'm lonely and blue. It gives me hope when I feel all is lost, and it gives me comfort when I can't sleep thinking about all the lies I've been told. Thank you RfM.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 12:54AM

Good post Orphan, and yes, I agree the rfm is a great resource. I really didn't know there was an rfm nor was I aware of all the antimormon books available. I didn't know there was anyone in the world that knew what it was like to leave tscc. A few months ago I emailed Fawn Brodie, I had no idea she was an author or well known to anyone. I just thought she was one of a hand-full of people who were active and then left tscc. I also found Richard packham listed as an ex mormon. Again, I thought he was a regular guy (one of the few who escaped). Mr Packham, in fact, emailed me back with encouragement and acknowledged and believed my story about some crazy things some tbm's have said and done. I feel a little foolish now. The cult is not a powerful force unless you allow them into your space. Mormonism really has no place in my world, it is thought to be a backward cult by most people. It ruled my world for many years but finally has no power over me.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 02:03AM

Right...

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:39PM

She passed away in 1981...OR DID SHE?

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:42PM

Simone Stigmata Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She passed away in 1981...OR DID SHE?Yes, she did. I am old enough to remember her death.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 01:13AM

Is there a Red Sea Society of Mormons we don't know about? Does this mean you were in the Navy? I'm not sure who else would get dunked in the Red Sea, unless the Mormons found you during a vacation to Sharm el-Sheikh or something. That sure doesn't seem likely.

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:33PM

I was stationed in Asmara, Ethiopia when I joined the church. I don't know if there is still a branch of the church in Asmara now. Everyone there was in the military. The Asmara branch was a part of the Swiss mission at that time. I was in the Army. The Army and Navy were stationed together.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:56PM

Hmmm I think not...

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:36PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.