Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:05PM

When to church today, and now I am in a depressive funk because I know for sure that the Spirit will not follow me to falsehood now that I know the truth.

Apparently the trend is for people to leave the Church, well it is written you shall know the truth, and it will set you free!

No Matter how I slice it, the fact remains...I know this stuff is not true.

It hasn't worked for me, and not for lack of trying.

I concede defeat and say it is finished.

I dearly wanted this union to work, to be true, to be the answer, but alas, it works for some just not for me.

Telling me to keep the commandments harder and better is certainly the last bastion of madness.

No amount of FHE is going to change the fact that I WILL NEVER be one of the white and delightsome folks.

What sort of prophet restores a church and does not understand that Jesus came to fulfill the law and that only happened when he died at the cross. What is there to be restored but the Grace of God? Fool me once...fool me twice..but you will not be getting me a third time. He did it all. I may not be learned, but I know when Divine Inspiration is at work, poking holes at that inspiration is IMPOSSIBLE.

The Church has done a good job of making sure we stay miserable, I am done trying to qualify.

I feel a great weight lifted. Okay so where is the template for writing my resignation letter?

What is the procedure?

How do I deal with the madness? I suppose no one will care that I am gone, so that isn't an issue.

Okay

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:25PM

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

Let us know how it goes.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:31PM

Congrats and let us know when you send it. Yes, I agree. There was nothing to be restored. Nothing.

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:33PM

Congratulations to you for taking the next step to being free and thinking for yourself. It is amazing and soon you will wonder how you ever believed the hocus pocus they served up!

Enjoy life!

Posted by: lazarus ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:34PM

I started the process several months ago. I think the hardest thing for me to grow accustomed to was to be ok with not having an answer to some of life's puzzles. The mormon church has an answer for EVERYTHING (even if the answer is to not ask the question in the first place). After opening my eyes and giving into the rational side of me, I have realized that there is a lot that I do not know. But, most importantly, I am ok with that. My life is ahead of me, free from any irrational constraints. I can make of it whatever I want. Once I came to that realization, I got beyond the "depressive funk" that you so well described.

Congratulations. Focus on your newfound freedom and the happiness that it brings you. The depression will pass.

Date: May 22, 2011 10:35PM

I already wonder.

Infact I am very embarrassed and now I see why people just didn't understand what was wrong with me...if you met me you would not believe I could be part of such madness!

Posted by: Some Young Guy ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 10:39PM

You weren't defeated. Truth and reason came out on top. You won!

What do you do now? You live your life... like a boss.

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: May 23, 2011 01:15AM

Did you just say "like a boss" Cuzzin?

Date: May 23, 2011 03:31AM

roflmao Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you just say "like a boss" Cuzzin?

ha ha ha ha

fa shizzile!

Arrrrgh!

If I didn't know better I find the first stiff one and I don't meant a drink...But I have standards.

I've come this far by the grace of God!

I am miffed by being lied to!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.