Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 06:41PM

Our son was complaining that the testing center at BYU was going to be closed this morning(Tuesday) and it was screwing up his schedule. I said "Oh yeah, Tuesday, they have to shut everything down to try and force everybody to attend the boring devotionals".

My son had an incredulous look on his face and said "Really?". He started school there a few weeks back and is just now starting to realize I was right about the "nanny state". My wife gave us both "The Look". Unfortunately for her "The Look" doesn't have much effect anymore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:57PM

That they shut the testing center down for devotionals? Please say you're making that up. But then, why would I be surprised.

I went there back in the olden days where professors gave tests in class--pre testing center. But what there are many married students and students who work. Shouldn't the center be open all day for students who have a life?

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 12:58AM

Funny, so many of them cant even see thru the most obvious things.

Posted by: NoMoMolly ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 08:23AM

It's true. You're pretty much SOL for that one hour each week. The entire campus closes down every Tuesday from 11 to noon for the devotional. No classes, and all other official type business is highly discouraged. The campus police department is exempt, and maybe the student health center...but that's it. It's interesting to watch the herds make their way over to the Marriott Center, good little sheep that they are.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 08:55AM

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 09:43AM

Even the food court in the Wilk can't sell food during that hour. There's really nothing to do besides homework and devotional. My freshman year it was mostly devotional. After that it was mostly homework.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.