Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:47PM

About an hour ago, the doorbell rang. I was in the middle of a show, so BF answered the door. I glanced and saw some hippie looking dude with a goatee and long hair. I heard another voice say, " Are you SO-and-SO? We're from the EQ and received your address and decided to stop by. We wanted to check on you and see if you needed a friend."

By this point, my eyes rolled skyward and I gave the hippie-mo an icy glare while clenching my jaw. BF was polite as the other EQ man said, "I just want you to know god has a plan for you."

BF responded, "Yeah, we're pretty disappointed we didn't get Raptured over the weekend." I busted up laughing and the other guy, who BF described as clean-cut and sharp-looking, nervously laughed, "Hahaha...Well, is there anything the church can do for you?" BF declined and closed the door. I looked BF in the eye and spat, "I bet we get a missionary visit real soon. They better pray that they don't have to deal with me if they turn out to be assholes....And where's our damn cookies?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:56PM

Have you resigned yet?

Date: May 24, 2011 11:00PM

My BF doesn't really care to resign because he doesn't really see the point of it...It's not a big deal as long as they don't start harassing us. We live in a fairly Mormon area of NM so I'm suprised they didn't stop by sooner. I told BF if they start getting jazzy, they're going to get hosed a la Cheryl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2011 11:00PM by itzpapalotl.

Posted by: LochNessie ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:08PM

Just moved to NM and there are a lot of mormons here. I had no idea. Yuck. Hopefully they will leeave you alone. Whenever my hubby's sister calls us for our address it means a visit will be happening soon. Pisses me off, but hubby says he has no good excuse to keep our address from her. So far after every move it has only been one visit and then I don't get another knock until we move again and get another phone call from sis-in-law.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 03:07PM

You don't happen to live in the four corners area? I hear that's little Utah there.

Date: May 25, 2011 07:41PM

I live in Farmington, NM. A good friend back in the Springs warned me as he heard this was a seriously Mormon area. I'm just glad I can still buy wine and liquor in the grocery store and not get hassled by the fuzz like back in Provo.
Happily, I've also met some really cool ex-mo's here, too!

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:09PM

I got my cookies. Made all the difference in the world. I went back to church, paid my tithing and never posted on RfM again.

Men are that they might have cookies.

Posted by: notinspite ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:19PM

Those cookies better be store bought and the seal better still be on them...if not, I don't want your damn cookies! hahhaa..loved your story!

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:20PM

"...and where's our damn cookies?"

Seriously, that is the least they could do...

Posted by: musicangelgirl ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:37PM

We need a like button

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:49PM

I have never been loved bombed:( Wait one, oh yeah I become verbally abusive and make them cry. I really do hate the Kolobians, fucking stole my sister from me. Still gotta write about that.

Hopefully you get some cookies!

Date: May 24, 2011 11:52PM

"fucking stole my sister from me"

Did they at least leave a dowry?

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:55PM

Seriously I am laughing. It will be a topic someday and you will be able to hear the venom in my voice. I have some incredibly unkind things to say about TSCC and its practices of tearing apart families. Especially when I only have her and my mother left.

Date: May 24, 2011 11:59PM

I hope you share your story soon, I really do want to hear it :)

Date: May 25, 2011 12:25AM

Where's my damn cookies?
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,123795,123795#msg-123795

Getting the damn cookies.
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,123795,125924#msg-125924

Sacrament meetings and cookies.
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,104688,104688#msg-104688

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2011 12:28AM by The Man in Black.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 03:27AM

Strangers show up at your door and say they want to see if you need a friend? Good grief! Friends would call first!

The creep at the door is telling you God has a plan for you? He reads your mind and God's? How special!! : (

Is there anything the church can do for you? Yes, stay away from strangers' doors at night.

Date: May 25, 2011 03:30AM

No cookies? Hose em! At a minimum get the cookies and THEN hose em. It's just common sense. Who wants a wet cookie?

Posted by: LochNessie ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 10:46AM

I stopped going to church at BYU and every Sunday I missed the RS brought me cookies. My roommates and I started looking forward to cookies every sunday. When I moved into the last condo I lived in before graduation, the rs presidency did not bring me cookies. I was actually upset. I wanted cookies! I'm ashamed to admit that I went to RS one Sunday so they would see me and bring me cookies the next week when i missed. Didn't work. My other inactive roommate and I would sit around Sunday bitching about how this rs sucked for not bringing us cookies.

I have not been brought cookies outside of BYU though. I'd definantly still take the cookies if the tbms ever brought them with their message.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 10:49AM

''Oh, God has a plan for me? How much does that cost?''

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.