Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 11:39AM

Here in Texas, we did not have as much damage reported as in Oklahoma and Kansas. We did have a couple funnel clouds touch down with a few buildings losing their roofs and hail breaking windows on homes and vehicles.

My personal story is very boring because my home was essentially missed (not that I'm not grateful). The worse I got was some rain and some gusty winds. About a mile from my home, however, a building lost its roof and a gas leak was reported. The stop lights were out this morning causing more traffic than usual, but this was in the opposite direction than what I need to drive to get into work.

I did wonder how some of us here on the board faired who were in the areas of these storms. I believe we have some regular posters who live in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri. Is everyone OK out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder George Carlin ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 11:56AM

Date: May 25, 2011 12:26PM

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 12:10PM

No I was killled by flying garments that stangled me to death, but was ressrected as the 4th Nephite. I got my eyes on you????

Date: May 25, 2011 12:25PM

Do try to stay awake and I will try to act up more to make it more interesting for you ...

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 12:29PM

I'm fine. There was a tornado coming strait for my neighborhood but then it either died off or changed direction. I was in our shelter with my family last night and we lost power. We were trying to listen to the radio reports, but the reception was terrible underground and our neighbor lost their cell signal in the shelter. No damage at all in my neighborhood and nobody I know were affected.

Thanks for asking!

The only thing that made me a little sad was last year there were a lot of tornados where I live in one day and both my parents called to check on me since DH was in Afghanistan. They have since both passed away. :(

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.