Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 12:44AM

not on marrying Jake..

I changed my mind on the wedding dress..instead of one I originally chose...decided on Priscilla of Boston PL300..nothing on the side...jake said how many times are you going to change your mind..ha..just once..

We talked about flowers...like he knows a lot about flowers...

Think my flowers will be white roses and calla lilies or fugi mums with silver streamers....bridesmaid flowers willw be peach roses and either the lilies or mums..flower girls will have identical mixed past

el roses..some details to be decided later...guys will white rosebud boutineers...

Tables..navy linens..florist will do pastel roses...white chair covers with navy and silver bows..

Cake will be white tiered with navy and silver ribbons...fondant frosting with some design to be decided later.

Jake will help with the menu...did I mention an open bar? Yep...

So far so good..I'll have to find out what color his mom plans to wear for her flowers...does this mean I'll have to call her..I'll let jake do it...I'm a big chicken for sure.

It's called survival.

I'm still leery...

stormy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 12:56AM

I like the dress -- very graceful looking. What color?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 12:56AM by summer.

Date: May 26, 2011 10:41AM

Diamond silver white.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 05:47AM

Please be sure to show this dress to your snotty SIL so she can further stew in her jealousy over your upcoming FABULOUS non-LDS wedding! No green aprons allowed. << evil grin >>

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 05:53AM

Very elegant.

The models look like they are 14 and wear the clothes like they are weapons, not wedding dresses.

Are you wearing gloves?

The exmo wedding of the decade!

Date: May 26, 2011 10:49AM

Yes I will wear gloves if I can figure out what to with them when we exchange rings..not sure how it would be to pull them off.

Guess the models aren't playing a modest, vbg,
bride.

You forgot the bakers hats..if I had to see jake in one,
I wouldn't stop laughing ever..

stormy

Posted by: exmowife ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 02:03PM

Fingerless, with the little ribbon on the middle finger to hold it? Nice choices.

Date: May 26, 2011 02:13PM

They slit the seam so you can get the finger out and then put it back and then no gloves for the dinner..sound good to me.

Bridesmaid dresses will be from the Vineyard collection, style number 1519 in midnight.

stormy

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 04:27PM

Love the ruffle down the side, how is moves.

One the model her tan lines are kind of distracting.

Posted by: Yawn ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 02:06PM

So, RFM has gone from "The View" to "Say Yes to the Dress."
Good God, we need more male posters!

Date: May 26, 2011 03:58PM

We're trying to lure the young women into not going to the temple...have a wonderful big blast instead of giving yourself to the church....

stormy

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 04:39PM

You know what? You are doing this together. That makes it a winning proposition. So colors, flowers, style of dress, whatever. You will figure it out. Together. Go for it!

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 08:01PM

I feel like I am one of those people you twirl around in front of when you put your dress on in the shop!

It's quite lovely, and thanks for giving us fun wedding updates. I have been following your story and it's kind of like a fairytale (not the divorce part, obviously), so you should have a wedding to match!

Date: May 26, 2011 09:24PM

They'll get their wish and so will I because when it's over I'll have jake. This time for good...never wanted anyone else but him.

The boys wanted to see the dress...so I showed them and explained why daddy can't see before it the wedding because it's bad luck...wrong thing to say..cause Brent said is that what happened the first time ? He saw you ahead of time? Told him no. Things happen.

They approved...not like girls of course..boys are boys..but these two are being brought up to respect women as equals..important people. I really think they have the idea since I was a single mom for awhile. For a number of years it was just the three of us. But we did ok.

Just don't want them growing up thinking men are better than women..

stormy

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 10:55PM

They can grow up thinking a man is something a woman chooses. When she is ready.

Date: May 27, 2011 01:11AM

And only if they can cook, clean the house, do the laundry wash the dishes and change diapers...boy have they got a lot to learn...vbg

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.