Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blah ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 09:31PM

So I find it absurd, the LDS church, that is. But I have a mindbender that I like to think about once in awhile. What if it's "really" true...the BOM. I've decided that if I die and some chap is asking me for my temple name at the pearly gates I'm going to be reasonably dumbfounded. It's because I'm "so" sure it's all bullshit. Then, what if you're given a choice: join us or you have to go back to earth again (as many times as it takes) until you believe. Those are your two choices.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stationarytraveler ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 09:44PM

Rest assured, you won't be asked any questions as stupid as those. This whole temple crap is for the birds. By the way, my temple name was Ezekiel.

I'm sure God is scratching his head right now with all the Ezekiels running around. "Now wait a minute, which Ezekiel are you now? Oh I see, Ezekiel 364. How can I be so forgetful."

Keep in mind, the church is pure bullshit along with its' rituals. There is nothing holy or beneficial about it.

I think the whole Christian/religious crowd will be in for a rude awakening soon, unless they open their minds to a different reality than they have been conditioned with for such a long time.

The BOM is a plagiarized piece of crap that bores the average intelligence to tears. Mark Twain said it best when he said that the BOM was chloroform in print. I must agree.

Don't fear the afterlife. The sanctimonious crowd may have reason for concern.

ST

Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 10:55PM

I like your last line, Zeke. Jesus said pretty much the same thing.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 09:47PM

I would go back to earth over and over again. It's pretty good here and being with a bunch of cultists in heaven is not going to be a good time.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 10:35PM

explain to God what a mess he made of it by giving us perfectly good brains and then withholding evidence of his existence.

If he's standing in front of me and I'm dead, I'm willing to change my mind based on the facts.

I'd be really skeptical about coming back to Earth and getting such a good position as we all did this time around. It's a pretty big risk to be born into grinding poverty and subjugation.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 11:05PM

It's sort of like science fiction movies, some are really good and fun to speculate about because there is a certain amount of believability. Some are so wacked and so totally unbelievable ya can't enjoy them no matter how hard you try. Well, unless they fit that "so bad they are good" genera

The LDS is so full of holes and inconsistencies that it isn't even fun to speculate about. As soon as I try the "What if it's true type of thinking and try to speculate from their the speculations come crashing down because some glaring error in the LDS theology makes that line of speculation impossible.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.