Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: September 16, 2010 08:59PM

...KSL squelched the same:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12440686

The opening sentence says it all in true TBM blind irony:

"With the long-term goal of improving community dialogue amongst its users, ksl.com has paused all activity on its comment boards."

....uhhhhhhhh...yeahhhhhhh....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 08:45AM

All hail to the prophet George Orwell! "Newspeak" = "TBMspeak"

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 03:59PM

The truth has that effect on people who've lived in caves all their lives... We offer them a bit of light, and they accuse us of deliberately hurting their eyes...

I gave up on the Deseret News site a few years ago after I was repeatedly censored for politely but firmly "giving geography and DNA lessons" as well as correcting some historical spin on Mountain Meadows with statements such as "it's ridiculous to suggest the Arkansas emigrants could poison a running spring" (Neither Will Bagley nor I were the first on that one; 19th century authors said the same thing) or that Proctor Robinson died weeks after the Arkansas victims had already been murdered.

I noticed every time somebody put something up that was even slightly provocative, a chorus would come up "here come the anti's again," and I, for one, refuse to be bound by the rules of civility when the others are already armed and fighting dirty.

Posted by: dubbie ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 05:28PM

The w's in the spam prevention code look like boobies. :)

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 05:39PM

dubbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The w's in the spam prevention code look like
> boobies. :)

My God, Holmes! He's right! ;o))

Posted by: Der Cabster ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 06:12PM

Definitely middle-aged boobies, however . . .

Posted by: provoisboringhell ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 09:15PM

As an observer and semi-frequent poster at KSL.com, every time KSL posts a story on illegal aliens, the comment board connected to the topic is evidently swamped with anti-illegal immigration commentaries in the hundreds of comments, compared to other news stories that generally generate less than 150 commentaries unless story involves tragedy, crime, etc.

Since illegal immigration topic is touchy in the state of Utah, it always elicit comments from frustrated, irritated and angry users, not to mention the fact the posters frequently criticize KSL for being biased in treating illegal immigration "favorably" especially "The Dream Divided" series and an editorial on the topic by the top executive.

Quite a few comments highlight stereotype and race-bashing. Harsh criticism may have played the role in pausing the comment board feature, hence KSL's explanation of the need for "civil discussion" in announcing the (temporary?) shutdown.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.